Remote Multi-probe Thermometers

SirPorkaLot

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Not the Smoke
Not the Meater

If you were buying other brands, what would you buy?
Fireboard?
Inkbird?

Something else?

Wireless is required. Bluetooth is fine, WiFi is fine, but not needed.

Graphing or recording capabilities would be nice.

I have an Inkbird. I don't use it much, but it has worked good. Very hard to beat the price. I think Fireboard is probably the best on the market, but it comes at a premium price.

Thermo Pro aren't bad- but I went through a lot of probes (that they replaced for free) for some reason.

Just make sure you get one with a low alarm.

To be honest I really dont know. To this day I haven't needed anything wireless. I mean a couple times I've gone to bed and set my alarm to go check the drum but that is rare because I plan my cooks and enjoy tending the fire. I want my smoking to be rustic and not high tech and hands off. I guess I would go with a Maverick because it's cheap like me.

I just ordered the fire board. I have the smoke and it's okay but it's not that great because it's only has two probes. With the fire board I can have a ambient temperature probe on each end of the smoker Plus four probes in the meats!!! Carl the pig farmer has a fire board and he absolutely loves it as well. Nice part is you can have it on Bluetooth if you have no Wi-Fi access.

The new Maverick is getting some pretty good reviews. Also have the Tappacue.

I was gifted an Inkbird to try, 6 probes.
Thought enough of it to buy another 6 probe kit.
The probes are a bit cumbersome but they work and it all works well.
I have no regrets, many cooks i do not use them as I still feel and go by instinct.

Not the Smoke
Not the Meater

If you were buying other brands, what would you buy?
Fireboard?
Inkbird?

Something else?

Wireless is required. Bluetooth is fine, WiFi is fine, but not needed.

Graphing or recording capabilities would be nice.

Weber Igrill

Very pleased with my Inkbird..I usually use one probe on the grate next to the meat..one to two probes in the meat..sit in the house and watch the screen.

Really happy with Fireboard, using 2 grill temp probes, top and bottom shelf and 4 meat probes. Easy to read different probes on IPad. Also like their shorter competition probe, great for chicken. I leave my probes in the smoker, so wrapped the ends of each with different color tape to make easy to identify.

Back