MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 09-07-2015, 03:28 PM   #781
Fullabull
Got rid of the matchlight.

I am new to the BBQ Brethren and not getting around very well yet. I have been here before after Googling recipe's. My question is will I be able to look in the recipe forums?
Fullabull is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-08-2015, 07:54 AM   #782
revkab
is one Smokin' Farker

Yes! You may need to talk with the mod (Head Pitmaster Big Chief, Main Kahoona) for directions.

BUT - better than just recipes, you can get advice, techniques, methods, and about anything you can think of just by asking the Brethren (and Sistren). Although there are lots of great BBQ books out there, the accumulated knowledge of these guys and gals is simply amazing. Got a question about a recipe? Got a question about modifying or building a cooker? Curious about the science behind a smoke ring? Just ask.
[COLOR=blue][B][SIZE=3]That Smokin' Preacher. Ribs and :mad2:[COLOR=red]Hot Peppers[/COLOR]:mad2:[/SIZE][/B][/COLOR][LIST][*][B]WKG (Weber Kettle Grill)[/B][*][B][COLOR=navy]Brinkman heavy duty Cimarron offset[/COLOR][/B][*][B][COLOR=red]Custom built 72" x 40" Offset logburner[/COLOR][/B][*][B][COLOR=navy]One Butt Ugly Drum Smoker[/COLOR][/B][*][B][COLOR=black]One big tow-behind Wood-fired grill [/COLOR][/B][*][B][COLOR=#ff0000][COLOR=gray]and one itty bitty gasser[/COLOR] :doh:[/COLOR][/B][/LIST]
revkab is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-09-2015, 07:19 AM   #783
chkcampbell
Wandering around with a bag of matchlight, looking for a match.

I love this place!!!
chkcampbell is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 09-23-2015, 09:02 AM   #784
doubt3
Full Fledged Farker

Great forum. Only been on a few days but have already gained knowledge.
doubt3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-09-2015, 10:24 AM   #785
ladysmokes
Got Wood.

I know ill like it a lot better when I've learned my way around. Yikes..so much to see and so little time.
ladysmokes is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-06-2015, 04:58 AM   #786
fuzzy1626
Full Fledged Farker

This forum makes me hungry...lol. I'm having trouble finding the cuts of beef like briskets and ribs. The only beef ribs I've found are from Walmart and their cut into individual ribs already. Sam's Club is my last hope.

Old 11-06-2015, 08:06 PM   #787
Joe Black
Babbling Farker

I am almost at my anniversary for joining, but I don't know when my actual subscription runs out. This is a wonderful site and I enjoy it very much. I thought the way that the recent conundrum was handled was first class. The only comment that I would make is if it could have been handled quicker. I am also on another BBQ site that I think may be larger, but I like the way this one is run. To me, it seems to be more user friendly.

1. Will I get a notice before my subscription runs out so I can renew?

2. The only trouble that I'm having is posting pics. A friend did it for me the first time and kind of backed into it. I tried just recently, but got to a notice that asked for a URL and I'm not computer savvy enough to figure this out.

3. Finally, the folks on this site are great. They are helpful, tolerant of us who are lesser experienced, courteous and always strive to give good advice. I have been made to feel very welcome and appreciate the friendships.
Joe Black is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-06-2015, 09:49 PM   #788
riblover81
Found some matches.

Been around for a bit, just don't post much! I love this place, the knowledge and people on this site are second to none.
riblover81 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-06-2015, 09:51 PM   #789
Ron_L

Name/Nickname : Captain Ron

A couple of answers below...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Black View Post
I am almost at my anniversary for joining, but I don't know when my actual subscription runs out. This is a wonderful site and I enjoy it very much. I thought the way that the recent conundrum was handled was first class. The only comment that I would make is if it could have been handled quicker. I am also on another BBQ site that I think may be larger, but I like the way this one is run. To me, it seems to be more user friendly.

1. Will I get a notice before my subscription runs out so I can renew?

Yep. You'll get an e-mail. Also, I'm pretty sure that if you click on the Purchase Subscription link in the blue menu bar about it will tell you when your subscription expires, but I can't check that.

2. The only trouble that I'm having is posting pics. A friend did it for me the first time and kind of backed into it. I tried just recently, but got to a notice that asked for a URL and I'm not computer savvy enough to figure this out

The easiest way to post pictures is to set up a free account on Photobucket.com and upload your pictures to that site. then copy the IMG code for the picture from Photobucket and paste that into your post here.

3. Finally, the folks on this site are great. They are helpful, tolerant of us who are lesser experienced, courteous and always strive to give good advice. I have been made to feel very welcome and appreciate the friendships.

Naked Fatties Rock!

PKGo X 2/PK360/
Ron_L is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-15-2015, 08:24 PM   #790
Homebrew BBq
Found some matches.

New to the forum. Looks like plenty of information and ideas to keep me busy!!
Homebrew BBq is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-15-2015, 10:56 PM   #791
BBQchef33
Grand Poobah and Site Admin

Name/Nickname : Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron_L View Post
A couple of answers below...

also, subscription status can be checked uin your userCP in the MISC section.

CBJ with a Fuzzy Blue Hat, 18 Foot Competition Trailer, Customized Klose BYC, Custom Built Shirley built to feed our Veterans(A.K.A "Abrams"), 1 Double Barreled Lang 84, 1 Heavily Modified Bionic Bandera, 1 Custom Super Medium Stickburning Spicewine w/stoker, 2 XL BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 2 Pit Barrel Cookers, 3 WSMs, 3 Weber Kettles, an NB Hondo, A Modified Brinkman Horizontal, DCS 48" Grill, a Broilmaster P3, a Blackstone 36 and 17, a covered, pellet pooping FEC100, and our duck died. :(

News Flash:
"A mans worth is judged by the weight of his integrity "

You know your getting older when you choose your cereal for the fiber, not the toy

Smoke on KC.
WWW.BBQ-BRETHREN.COM
BBQchef33 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-03-2015, 01:37 PM   #792
LongIslandEd
Take a breath!

Subscribed....if more people read about the background of the site - they'd subscribe too. Great info here. Much appreciated.

MES 30 & MES Cold Smoke attachment
Smoke-n-Hot Outdoor Grilling Center
LongIslandEd is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-20-2016, 10:44 PM   #793
Tatanka
On the road to being a farker

Name/Nickname : Kevin

I was happy to find this site today on the recommendation of a friend; looks like the right place for me to learn more! Pages are loading slowly, but I think it may be because I just registered today and am "probational" for a day or two, which is fine.
Tatanka is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-21-2016, 04:24 PM   #794
Artichoke
Found some matches.

YES.
I have only recently joined, and have spent lots of happy time here searching for answers to my smoking/ cooking questions. When I turn up an answer in the archived conversations, a wealth of other information always comes with it.

This place is a treasure trove of wisdom. So happy.
Thank you!!
Artichoke is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-31-2016, 06:55 AM   #795
BBQFiend
Got Wood.

I just joined this site as of yesterday. The main reason I joined was because I didn't want to commit to a ongoing yearly charge by doing the pitmaster club on amazingribs.com. I wouldn't mind paying a subscription for this site as long as it wasn't a re-occurring charge.
BBQFiend is offline   Reply With Quote