THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CrazyBear

Is lookin for wood to cook with.
Name or Nickame
C
Woke up this morning and saw a porkbutt thread and better yet one on leftovers. Must be a sign since I had planned to do one today.

I used some southwest seasoning from lawry's and texas beef from Kosmosq. Didnt inject this one as it might have still been a dash frozen.

I attached 1 picture right before it was placed and the other is 3ish hours in.

Attachments

• 20201020_102419.jpg
    20201020_102419.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 75
  • 20201020_143233_HDR.jpg
    20201020_143233_HDR.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 75
Apparently a dash frozen means half frozen. Longest cook on the PBC i've ever done and that includes a 15.5lb brisket. Smells good so far and just got her wrapped.

Yes mustard, wrapped in butcher paper. Turned out meh. Wish I had more time to defrost. Had to pull earlier than I wanted. But I've never done something I guess this frozen. 8.9lb bone in pork ahoulder frozen for 2 months. About 18 hours in a fridge, 3 in a warm bath.

Anyways even though it wasn't rendered thoroughly, Im gonna cook some fried rice, egg rolls; and lettuce wraps to finish the rest off tastefully.

Back