wifi temp control

Buckscent

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Well since I do not have permission to search any forum I cannot see anything discussed about wifi temp control. What are a couple of the good ones out there on the market? just need coupe meat probes and one pit temp. don't need like a guru just need to monitor meat and pit temps... Sorry again if this had been discussed but have no way of knowing that

look into the heatermeter. You wont find a better controller with all the bells and whistles for the price.

Bryan is continously updating the software. I can answer just about any questions you may have. I am a desinger of an add on board for it.

look into the heatermeter. You wont find a better controller with all the bells and whistles for the price.

Bryan is continously updating the software. I can answer just about any questions you may have. I am a desinger of an add on board for it.

Does anybody make a metal case for the HM fan? My 3d printed one is basically coming apart. Still works, but I'd like something a bit more sturdy.

With Rocks BBQ Stoker now gone do you all have any intention in designing a board that can multiple pits? For example currently I use a Stoker and run two pits off of it. That is 2 blowers, 2 pit probes, and 4 meat probes. To the best of my knowledge the heatermeter is unable to handle the 4 meat probes let along an additional blower.
I am starting to look for something to replace my Stoker for if it dies I cannot get it fixed for the guy at Rocks no longer responds to any emails or phone calls.

With Rocks BBQ Stoker now gone do you all have any intention in designing a board that can multiple pits? For example currently I use a Stoker and run two pits off of it. That is 2 blowers, 2 pit probes, and 4 meat probes. To the best of my knowledge the heatermeter is unable to handle the 4 meat probes let along an additional blower.
I am starting to look for something to replace my Stoker for if it dies I cannot get it fixed for the guy at Rocks no longer responds to any emails or phone calls.

Unfortunately, the heatermeter is at the maximum number of pit and meat probes, it eill support. The Atmega chip only has a limited number inputs, and are all being used. You could always get two or more heatermeters and use the pit probe as a meat probe, or you can have multiple controllers on wifi.

If you are just monitoring meat and pit temperatures Ink Bird IBT-4XS. It has worked for me quite nicely for some time. Comes with 4 probes that can be used for food or pit temp. and connects to your phone via blue tooth.

I have the Heatermeter. It's been a great solution to automation.
Not sure if there's a commercial solution. At the time I built it, there was nothing on the market.

The main issues I have with any blower:

1) Dirty condensation on the blower.
2) Freezing condensation in winter.
3) Not rainproof.
4) Wide swings when I'm getting the fire/smoke started. What would be real nice if there was something smart enough to start my fire.

There's another controller that regulates from the chimney. Like the idea of not needing a blower (condensation), but I have concerns the carbon will build up and prevent the vents from moving.

Electric smokers have become more appealing to me for the simplicity. I like sleep and cooking while not at home.

Back