Finally got my UDS built.

mmcgough

Found some matches.
I finally finished my UDS tonight and am going to season it tomorrow. I have a Boston Butt waiting to go on as soon as I am done with seasoning. :-D I wish I could just smoke on it right away, it is hard being patient.

Attachments

• Photo_59F96D65-B899-8A00-7E79-5AAAEE974CF6.jpg
    Photo_59F96D65-B899-8A00-7E79-5AAAEE974CF6.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 220
  • WP_000275.jpg
    WP_000275.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 216
Looks Good! Here's a quote for you:[FONT=georgia, bookman old style, palatino linotype, book antiqua, palatino, trebuchet ms, helvetica, garamond, sans-serif, arial, verdana, avante garde, century gothic, comic sans ms, times, times new roman, serif]Patience is the ability to count down before you blast off. ~Author Unknown[/FONT]. Bet it will smoke perfectly.

It's always good to know a welder. Any particular reason you painted the basket? I hope that's hi-temp paint.

Great question about the paint. Even if it is high temp paint, you better believe I would burn it all off before putting an ounce of food on.

To be honest, not sure why I painted it, it was there - I had this high temp 1800 degree paint and I started painting :) No ash catcher yet, I think I will probably have to add one. And the lid is a weber lid, but it is on the weber right now.

If the paint on the basket burns off, oh well! Looks farkin' awesome right now! I'm in the process of building mine now, and it's not going to look nearly as nice as yours.

Make sure to give us some pics of your first smoke and let us know how it goes!

So I have been burning it for 6 hours and it has been at 250 all day but starting to drop temperature now. It is at 225 and 3 valves are open. The Charcoal is still far from consumed so I dont understand why the temperature is dropping. I havent opened it or adjusted it at all other than one time when I knocked some of the ash down.

Back