Just some meat..

cowgirl

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Sometimes, when I know I'm going to be busy for the day but want a good meal... I set up the sous vide and go about my business.
This was a ribeye cook. It went for 3 hours at 131F, my favorite for med rare.

Seasoned with my smoked salt, pepper, garlic blend.

I use actual sticks to get a good fire going for the sear.

ilfo1V9.jpg

bI8qVKK.jpg

slapped the sous vide(d) steak on to give er a sear...

I6d1FkK.jpg

Supper is ready. Steak, shrooms and a sip of Crown. Works for me. lol

isGdoOv.jpg

8SajKOR.jpg

This was more of an experiment for finger food.

Sous vide Picanha....
Some of my cold smoked, canned butter and smoked salt, pepper, onion blend...
https://cowgirlscountry.blogspot.com/2021/03/cold-smoking-and-canning-butter.html

SR42Wsk.jpg

The smoked butter and seasonings add a lot to the meat.

CyMeozf.jpg

This went into the sous vide at 131F for 4 hours

BpyDSQE.jpg

I cubed the picanha, dredged in seasoned flour, gave it an egg/milk bath, then back into the seasoned flour for a double dip.

ezciZFA.jpg

ZIPqbRr.jpg

zul8a1D.jpg

Fried til golden...

Us23Qxs.jpg

Ch9X6ft.jpg

Crisp on the outside...tender and moist on the inside...

Sometimes finger food and a sip of Crown are all a I need.
I was happy with the outcome and will be doing the picanha again. :-D

Adding a pic of Puddles the bottle calf. :-D

B6Wj3QH.jpg

Thanks for looking!

After looking at this I'm going to have to try the sous vide I bought a couple years ago. You give a whole new meaning to "Just some meat" Jeanie.

Ribeye looks fantastic.

Whoa... thoroughly interesting on the sous vide steak front. Love the idea of steak --> finger food. Wouldn't have gone the deep fried route, but that looks ridiculously good.

Curious about the flavors from the smoked butter and seasonings in the bag with the meat in the hot tub.

Kind regards to Puddles. Brings back all sorts of memories of bottle feeding a whole "class" of calves at the family dairy farm every morning about 0545.

After looking at this I'm going to have to try the sous vide I bought a couple years ago. You give a whole new meaning to "Just some meat" Jeanie.
Thank you Marty! I don't use it every week but sometimes the sous vide comes in handy. Especially when I have a lot going on.
Hope you dig yours out and give it a go. :-D

Yummm! & Yummm! All looks good! Cheers
Thanks Doug! Good to see you! :-D

Ribeye looks fantastic.

Whoa... thoroughly interesting on the sous vide steak front. Love the idea of steak --> finger food. Wouldn't have gone the deep fried route, but that looks ridiculously good.

Curious about the flavors from the smoked butter and seasonings in the bag with the meat in the hot tub.

Kind regards to Puddles. Brings back all sorts of memories of bottle feeding a whole "class" of calves at the family dairy farm every morning about 0545.

Thanks Shadow!
I keep the smoked butters and seasonings on hand for times when I'm not cooking outside. They add a lot to veggies, meats, etc..
The picanha was pretty amazing.. lol I'll make it again. :-D

Oh, man.... isn't bottle feeding fun? lol Dairy cows are hard work!!

Looks incredible as always Jeanie! Interesting ways to do steak…have not gotten a sous vide yet but might have to add this to the list of stuff hopefully Santa will bring me :-D

Oh and are you sure “puddles” shouldn’t be named “sous vide”?!?

Where the wind comes sweeping down the Plains.
Decisions have been made.
Chicken Fried Steak tomorrow

Winds to 55 headed this way

Cheers

Looks incredible as always Jeanie! Interesting ways to do steak…have not gotten a sous vide yet but might have to add this to the list of stuff hopefully Santa will bring me :-D

Oh and are you sure “puddles” shouldn’t be named “sous vide”?!?

lol Thanks! :-D
I didn't think I needed a sous vide either. It's kind of like my pellet cooker, a set it and forget it when I'm busy cooker. lol
Puddles will hopefully produce many little ones in the future. :-D

Where the wind comes sweeping down the Plains.
Decisions have been made.
Chicken Fried Steak tomorrow

Winds to 55 headed this way

Cheers

I just saw that! A "rocks in your pockets" kind of day! lol
I'm removing all of the tumbleweeds trapped by fence lines...time they moved on. Edited to add... I'll tie a ribbon and a note to each one. :laugh:
Chickenfried steak sounds like a great plan. :-D
Thanks Adams!

Last edited:
Most Excellent Jeanie. I love my sous vide. Going to do steaks for the kids when they come for Christmas with blow torch sear.

Merry Christmas to you and all!

Meat, mushrooms and Crown that's a well planned meal right there. More proof of your genius...

Excellent looking cooks there, young lady! Pichana is on my short list of things to try, and not sure if I'm going the deep fried route, but I've seen so many cooks here about it that I have to satisfy my curiosity. Those look like carnivorous delights!

Back