Welocme To The Jungle

MetalAged

Found some matches.
Reaction score
Hey Ya'll

Threw away the gas grill and started learning to grill and smoke using real wood about 7 or 8 years ago. My equipment is nothing more than a cheap Brinkman barrel grill, but my housemate built a beautiful asado grill. Using the Brinkman for low and slow and the asado for fast sears we can feed upwards of 100 guests in our massive for this area 1/2 acre back yard. Our BBQs held at our Belmont abode are so carnivorous that our house has been nicknamed Belmeat Estates
So far I've had pretty impressive success according to friends and family that have tasted my fare, my plum wood smoked chicken wings and duck are pretty damned good if I do say so myself. That said the Boston/Cambridge/ Somerville area isn't exactly prime BBQ country, so there's not a lot of competition, or points of reference for truly great Q.
I'm sure my introduction to here will be quite similar to the Oh Sh!t Moment that MIT Freshman get about 2 weeks into classes, when they realize that even though they have been the Head Of The Class their whole lives, they are now barely average and may not even pass their first year
I expect to learn a lot here.

Welocme to the asylum!

Take a look around and if you have questions please feel free to contact the moderator team or our senior members. Their names are color coded so you can recognized them.

Also, each section of the forum has a description that you can use to figure out where to post. Finally, please review our rules! They are pretty straight forward, but looking at them up front may help to eliminate problems later :-D

Oh! Don’t forget to add your name to the Brethren Map, located at the top of this Cattle Call forum.

Most important, have fun and join in our conversations and share and learn!

Welcome to the forum from sunny SE Arizona, looking forward to seeing pics of your asado grill.

Welcome to the forum from Victoria, Aust.
Nice friendly bunch here that are very sharing with information.
Enjoy your time here, I sure have

Welcome to the Brethren George!

Welocme! You've come to the right place.

Hope you enjoy the forum, mate. Excellent information to build your proverbial toolbox (especially if you do a little digging on your own... no matter how much experience you've got under the belt), and the folks are tops.

Looks like you're well on your way in your journey, and you've got some great friends when you find yourself with an Asado Grill out back!

Welcome from the high desert of New Mexico.

Fair warning; this place can be hazardous to your waistline and wallet.

Back