Review of the Ink Bird IBBO-4T Wi-Fi 4 Probe Thermometer

... I shouldn't have to leave my phone, tablet, whatever screen on and unlocked for hours on end to have a silly little app work properly.

I hear your point, but for me it's a trade off and the trade off is worth it for me.

• Cost - This is JUST in the price range that I'm willing to try it out.
  • Mobility - I can monitor my temp anywhere in the world, so it's worth replacing my Bluetooth probe. I've ran into problems enough times that this is very important to me.
  • Convenience - It's a little inconvenient to have to open the app to get notifications, I agree, but worth the trade off because of the Cost and Mobility.

For me $200+ is a tough price to pay for a thermometer, worth the build quality, but too much for me. So at under $100 the IBBQ-4T was the way to go and I'm extremely happy with it.

I guess it all comes down to what's important to you.

I agree. The notification issue is a bit of a pain, but not worth paying over $100 for.

Looks so great Mike! If anyone want to get 50% CODE for this unit,pls reply, I will send to you. start from 19th.

I own one unit and would love a second! Please send a code.

I would like to by some more probes as well. Not finding them anywhere. Do you have a link on Amazon or anything?

I've owned since Christmas of last year. It's pretty simple to use and never let me down. The alarm doesn't go off when the screen is locked. That's the only downside I've seen. Not a deal breaker for me.

I've accidentally left it out in the rain several times without issue. I've lost one probe now but that's no different than any of the probably dozen other thermos I've bought over the years.

In conclusion for the price I love this little unit and plan to buy a second.

KenInk sent me an email. He's having trouble connecting here. He wanted me to let the folks requesting a code that he will send them as soon as he gets the issue fixed. He will also address the concerns of some users.

Using it for the first time today. Disappointing to see that the alarm setting is useless. If you set a temp alarm for your meat, it won't go off on your iPhone unless it is unlocked. Once your phone goes to sleep you are SOL.

That won't work for me.

Hello Landen ,

This is Oksana from Inkbird,Im so sorry I just see this comment,due to some reasons I just log in.
Im sorry to bring this trouble to you,our engineers are now working on this issue,and will deal with it asap, please wait patiently.
For now,the engineers provide a backup APP for temporary,pls try downlod this APP and see if help. the below picture for your ref.

So sorry again bring this bad experience to you.
123042284_408048290357259_6107602335056831367_o.jpg

I own one unit and would love a second! Please send a code.

I would like to by some more probes as well. Not finding them anywhere. Do you have a link on Amazon or anything?

Code sent!
Which model's probes you need to?Tell me,I will attach Amazon Link to you:)

KenInk sent me an email. He's having trouble connecting here. He wanted me to let the folks requesting a code that he will send them as soon as he gets the issue fixed. He will also address the concerns of some users.

First of all,thank you so much Mike,you are more than a customer,honest reviewer,also such a great friend,I appreciate it a lot you cover me when I off on the forum,and patiently help us answer customer's question which I should response first time.Thank you Mike,you are the best:)

Second,about notification issue,from our engineers advised that due to some problems with our server, this notification function is affected,but we are working on it now,will be fix it soon,pls wait patiently,I will keep friends posted once okay.

Meanwhile,pls download our backup APP“ BBQ-4T ”,both support Android and IOS system,you don't need to keep screen wake all the time,it will notifies when reach setting temp.the below picture for your ref.

All in all, our Inkbird is a growing brand,every opinion to us is very important and precious,and we will try our best to correct and do better in future,thank you very much for everyone's comment!

P.S,If anyone still interested in our unit, pls leave a comment,I will send private msg to you! Cheers!
123042284_408048290357259_6107602335056831367_o.jpg

I certainly see your point but look at the price differences. The Ink Bird @ $100, with code Kenink is offering for $50. How much is a Fireboard?

On edit I'm seeing the cheapest Fire Board @ $189 from their website.

I hear you, and I already owned a Fireboard, so that's not the issue for me. My problems are with the app, and that's something that can be updated. As I said, the hardware is great, and if I hadn't owned a Fireboard, I might not even notice how lacking the app is.

I still appreciate the opportunity to try it out as it's still a very good wifi unit at the price.

Code sent!
Which model's probes you need to?Tell me,I will attach Amazon Link to you:)

Thanks a bunch. I would like to purchase more probes for the IBBQ-4T please. You might even want to include a link on the IBBQ-4T unit on Amazon for people that would like to buy more.

I've got a big cook this weekend so will be testing out the new app.

Thanks again!

Back