MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Catering, Food Handling and Awareness > Food Handling General Discussion

Notices

Food Handling General Discussion General and open discussion for food handling and safety.

Old 10-17-2009, 10:33 PM   #16
ntvinh986
Wandering around with a bag of matchlight, looking for a match.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Kapn View Post
I think the FL statutes even specifically prohibit the use of a home kitchen. Chad will correct me if I am wrong.

I guess my question is why?

IF a person creates a kitchen within their residence that meets the full requirements, seems to me that they should be "good to go".

I have been told that you can buy a portable building, put it in your back yard, equip it legally, and get certified. Makes no sense to me.

Anyone have any idea why it is just a blanket prohibition on home based commercial kitchens?

Just curious

TIM
Great post! It's very nice. Thank you so much for your post.

Old 10-17-2009, 11:15 PM   #17
landarc
somebody shut me the fark up.

Actually it is a stipulation of the health and safety portion of the UBC that regulates the proper uses in residential and commercial zoning uses and the difference required in the accessibility of each facility. It would, in fact, be rather difficult to meet all of the requirements for having a commercial kitchen in a residential structure. We run across this quite often in our parks projects. It is a pain and an additional expense, but, many people would otherwise simply use their home kitchen and the inspectors would have a melee of confusion on attempting to perform their inspections.

It is a sad think that so many restaurants do not have more pride in the cleanliness and function of their kitchens, I think it reflects in their food and personnel as well.

Yelonutz: me either, but, then again, I don't drink any less
[/SIZE][/COLOR][/COLOR][SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkRed]
[COLOR=Pink]SSS[/COLOR]
[/COLOR][/SIZE]
landarc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 02:48 PM   #18
leanza
Babbling Farker

Great blast from the past!