OCTOBER ***SPECIAL*** "National Pizza Month!" Throwdown (Entry & Discussion Thread) LASTS All Month!!

Moose

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Our October SPECIAL Throwdown Category is...

"National Pizza Month!"

xjeHgUc.jpg

This was ssv3's entry in the 2016 "National Pizza Month Throwdown".

CATEGORY DESCRIPTION - READ BEFORE ENTERING

1. Cook pizza on your grill or smoker or other outdoor cooker.
Any style you like - thick or thin crust, Neapolitan, NY Style, Detroit, Chicago, etc, it's all good!

2. MULTIPLE ENTRIES ARE ALLOWED and encouraged for this Throwdown only!

You may submit entries that are cooked from Friday 10/1 through Monday 11/1/21.

Entry pictures must be submitted by 12 p.m. Central US Time on Monday 11/1/21.

Click here to READ THE RULES for the BBQ Brethren Throwdowns...

Best of luck and even better eats to all!

Last edited:
Pizza Month Throwdown entry #1 - BBQ Pizza

cook:
https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/s...d.php?t=294906

If it's permitted to enter the same dish in two simultaneous throwdowns....

Please accept this as my first entry into the Pizza Month Throwdown. Chopped Smoked Pork Loin with a little sauce to keep it together, along with fresh jalapenos, sauteed onions and peppers, smoked gouda, pepper jack, fresh mozzarella, pizza sauce and Sweet Baby Rays (mixed 75/25)

Last edited:
Yes! You Can Enter Multiple Throwdowns With the Same Dish, Provided that...

cook:
https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/s...d.php?t=294906

If it's permitted to enter the same dish in two simultaneous throwdowns....

Please accept this as my first entry into the Pizza Month Throwdown. Chopped Smoked Pork Loin with a little sauce to keep it together, along with fresh jalapenos, sauteed onions and peppers, smoked gouda, pepper jack, fresh mozzarella, pizza sauce and Sweet Baby Rays (mixed 75/25)

Great looking pizza, and welcome to the Throwdowns!

Yes, you absolutely can enter more than one Throwdown with the same dish provided it fits the category description of the other Throwdown(s). Since one of your ingredients was from the freezer, you're good to go in the "Freezer Dive" Throwdown as well.

As an aside, on occasion, we've had folks enter 3 Throwdowns simultaneously. That opportunity exists briefly with the "Live-Fire Grilled" Throwdown which ends tomorrow.

Last edited:
Well bummer, totally forgot to take pics for a cook thread. Saw thirdeye's pizza crust recipe in his post and decided to give it a try to see how close it is to a Chicago Tavern Thin. Pretty darned close. First home made pizza in many years, forgot how easy they are to make.

Parbaked, then loaded up with some Bambi, mushroom, onion & garlic and onto the Big Joe for about 10 minutes indirect.

Please use this as my entry pic:

3ocyQN3h.jpg

Back