MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 01-22-2020, 06:42 PM   #46
mjpmap
is one Smokin' Farker

Name/Nickname : Mike

A couple years ago, a buddy wanted to introduce me to a guy he’d met who was a “pit master”. He had recently met him and raved about his cooking skills. I admit that I was pretty enthused to meet him & hoped to learn a little. As it turned out, he had gone to an afternoon class and received a certificate that used the term “pit master” in describing the class. He was quick to show me his recipe book that turned out to be a 3 ring binder of cut & paste recipes. His “pit” was an inexpensive four legged charcoal grill. Giving him the benefit of the doubt, I asked a couple of “how do you...?” questions & got kind of a blank stare. He’s an older widower & clearly enjoyed telling “enhanced” cook stories. It just gave him a bit of pleasure in what appeared to be a pretty lonely period of his life. So who the hell am I to call him out and take that away from him. Live and let live.

Thanks from: --->

Old 01-29-2020, 03:12 AM   #47
lionhrt
is one Smokin' Farker

Being the smart ass I am I would call him out without calling him out. In each of those dishes I bet the plates were not the same plates so I would leave a message something like.....I noticed all your dishes are served on different plates, how may different plate sets do you have??

Thanks from: --->
Old 01-29-2020, 08:21 AM   #48
DanB
is Blowin Smoke!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBQ_MAFIA View Post
I would never post "Tom's" real name or where the post is located.

I do find Tom's actions unethical and wrong but I never planned on calling him out or acting on what I've see.

My question in the original post was

"What would you do?"

I was interested in how others would react.

Based on your response, I assume you would call him out.
Hi Just wanted to check out his page so I can make informed decision.I'd let it go just on what your saying.More important things to worry about.
DanB

Old 01-29-2020, 08:57 AM   #49
Maylar
is One Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : Dave

If he was stealing MY photos, I'd call him on it. Otherwise, just keep pitying him and let it slide.

If there was money involved, that'd be different. An airbrush artist I know had some of his web pictures stolen and posted on another painter's site claiming them to be his own. That's blatant copyright violation and possible loss of income. Same kind of scumbag as your Tom though.

Old 01-29-2020, 12:19 PM   #50
Nuco59
Babbling Farker

The guy's pathetic. But at least he's not being accused of "Stolen Valor".... or being a politician.

If you just can't stand it- then (figuratively) jump on him with both feet- call him out and hard.

if he's not worth stomping- then let it go.

it's a short life- I have to be selective in the things that pi$$es me off.

Old 01-29-2020, 03:51 PM   #51
West River BBQ
Full Fledged Farker

Name/Nickname : Bill

I came to the conversation late and am just reiterating what a lot have already said. Karma will come and get you. The smart ass in me will not allow this quote to be referenced to the author. Thinking about FB and social media just angers me so I choose not to participate in those.

Old 01-29-2020, 04:20 PM   #52
dummy que
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBQ_MAFIA View Post
I think you may have missed my point or more accurately my question.
I wrote in my post that I didn't say anything to Tom. to your point
it really doesn't matter to me other then to say I find in unethical as he
is taking credit for someone elses hard work.

I actually pity him as he must be starving for approval.

My question was what would you guys do?
it`s sad that some people halve to go to grate lengths to valadate (wow)there lives