DerHusker

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
With the “Grilled Shellfish” Throwdown going on I searched for what might be on sale at one of the local stores. Sprouts had U15 shrimp on sale for $7.98 per lb. so I purchased a pound. I decided to prepare them my two favorite ways of cooking shrimp. The first is what I call Atomic Shrimp. (Which is bacon wrapped shrimp stuffed with cheddar cheese and a slice of jalapeño. As the jalapeño doesn’t make it very “Atomic”, I switched it out for slices of serrano chilies. Here are most of the ingredients.

I peeled and deveined the shrimp and then butterflied them. I also sliced the cheese and serrano chilies.

I carefully placed the cheese and serrano in the shrimp and wrapped them with a slice of bacon. Once I had 10 of them done I placed them on the preheated kamado.

I grilled them for approximately 5 to 6 minutes per side and once the bacon looked crispy I plated the 5 biggest ones up with a cilantro garnish and a Negra Modelo. Here are those pics.

Delicious!!!!!

I had 9 shrimp leftover so I skewered them,

sprayed they with some EVOO and sprinkled them with some Tajin seasoning.

Grilled them for approximately 3 minutes per side.

Here are the plated pics with the Negra Modelo.

These were also delicious but not quite as good as the bacon wrapped ones.

Thanks for looking.

Last edited:
Wow, those look fantastic. Never heard of Tajin seasoning, had to do some research and will have to add it to my arsenal. You can teach an old dog....

Anyway, superb job and great pics!

Great shrimp pictures!!! Almost looks like a commercial picture for the beer. Wish I was there for dinner...

Oh hell yeah!!!!
Thank you Marty
WOW, good.
Ed
Thank you ModelMaker
Wow, those look fantastic. Never heard of Tajin seasoning, had to do some research and will have to add it to my arsenal. You can teach an old dog....

Anyway, superb job and great pics!
Thank you lunchman. For those that don't want to look it up, Tajin is a mixture of dried ground red chilies, sea salt and dehydrated lime juice.
81ASrxacAVL._SY679_.jpg

It goes great on lots of stuff. Examples would be: Fruit, (like watermelon, cantaloupe, mango, strawberries, etc..) elote (Mexican street corn) and veggies, (Examples: cucumber, jicama, french fries, etc..) And to really take a Margarita up a notch in flavor, coat the rim with Tajin in lieu of salt. :becky:

That looks fantastic. I definitely am going to try your atomic shrimp recipe. That seems like a slam dunk!

That's some beautiful shrimp!

Big fan of Tajin over here... and even our Three-nager can't get enough of "sprinkles" on just about anything.

That Negra Modelo ain't gonna drink itself!

Nice presentation. I would say the serranos moved those shrimp into the "atomic" age. :mrgreen:
Thank you thirdeye. The will a little hotter but I was surprised they weren't more so. I can only think that the flames effect the heat of the chile.
That looks fantastic. I definitely am going to try your atomic shrimp recipe. That seems like a slam dunk!
Thank you KC.
That's some beautiful shrimp!

Big fan of Tajin over here... and even our Three-nager can't get enough of "sprinkles" on just about anything.

That Negra Modelo ain't gonna drink itself!
Thank you Mark.

I love it also and that Negra Modelo didn't have to drink itself.

Looks amazing! Nicely done. Next time you should rig yourself up a michelada to go with it. :-D

Fantastic shrimps, Jeff! I'll have to give that seasoning a try...

Winnah Winnah, Shrimp Dinnah!

I thought you were going to stuff Jalapenos with the shrimp and cheese, but no........

Back