• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

What to offer for a used Stump’s Baby?

Smithers1945

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
A guy locally has a Stumps Baby he doesn’t use and said he’d be willing to part with it. He said the fire box was rebuilt by stumps and it has a new door for the chute. Seems to be in decent shape for being about 7 years old.

He said he’d like to get around $2k for it including a guru fan. Does that seem like a reasonable price considering a new one is about $2300 and the cost to ship it here would be another $500 at least?

I don't know much about Stump cookers, but that does not seem at all reasonable to me for a 7 year old cooker that had been used enough the firebox needed to be rebuilt.

guy is asking a arm and a leg for it and I would pass and you could get a brand new T&K smoker for that much that is just as good .

Way too high of an asking price. Maybe half that at best

Memphis Elite

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

There are alot of other options today, I would go with BBQFreak suggestion on the new T&K, I hear lots of great things about them... 2000 is WAY too much for a 7 year old cooker that apparently has been heavily used and abused.

Whatever he says cut it by 60%....at least

People WAY overvalue their stuff

Thanks for the feedback everyone. I’ll offer him $1k and see if he takes it.

I’d really like a gravity fed, but there are no builders here in CA!

Thanks for the feedback everyone. I’ll offer him $1k and see if he takes it.

I’d really like a gravity fed, but there are no builders here in CA!
I'd check with the St Louis Bbq Store. They have T&k in stock and reasonable shipping.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Back