MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 05-14-2014, 07:31 AM   #16
swamprb
somebody shut me the fark up.

No problem with the Gater-
KCBS CBJ/PNWBA CBJ www.pnwba.com
swamprb is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->

Old 05-17-2014, 04:38 AM   #17
wksisnlaw
Found some matches.

Thanks for the suggestion. I have tried lump charcoal - royal oak, big green egg, and cowboy because I do understand that it burns hotter. But I am having trouble with all of them falling through the grate. More charcoal in my ash pan than "ash"! Any suggestions for that problem as well???? Thanks in advance... Backwoods Party G2
wksisnlaw is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-17-2014, 08:23 AM   #18
Smokesignalsfromtx
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by wksisnlaw View Post
Thanks for the suggestion. I have tried lump charcoal - royal oak, big green egg, and cowboy because I do understand that it burns hotter. But I am having trouble with all of them falling through the grate. More charcoal in my ash pan than "ash"! Any suggestions for that problem as well???? Thanks in advance... Backwoods Party G2
When I fill my basket (leaving the ash tray in) I will pack in as much lump as possible by moving pieces around and filling the gaps. When that's done I'll remove the ash pan and dump that on top. The rest of the lump will prevent it from falling through.
Backwoods Party G2, Backwoods Chubby G2, Weber OTG 22.5 (Homer series, RIP), Weber OTG 22.5, WSM 22.5, WSM 18.5, Weber Jumbo Joe, Weber Smokey Joe, Guru DX2 (X3), Insainly [B][I]Fast[/I][/B] [B][I][COLOR="Red"]RED[/COLOR][/I][/B] THERMOPEN MK4, Super, Duper [I][B]Fast[/B][/I] [COLOR=red][B][I]RED[/I][/B][/COLOR] THERMOPEN, Maverick 732,733, Weber S-330, Blackstone Flat Grill, Brinkman Electric Gourmet(X2) "The Twins"

Rick
Smokesignalsfromtx is offline   Reply With Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-17-2014, 09:43 AM   #19
pjtexas1

Name/Nickname : Texas Pete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokesignalsfromtx View Post
When I fill my basket (leaving the ash tray in) I will pack in as much lump as possible by moving pieces around and filling the gaps. When that's done I'll remove the ash pan and dump that on top. The rest of the lump will prevent it from falling through.
Simple and brilliant

The 2019 Texas BBQ Brethren Fall Bash Planning Post! (Link)
pjtexas1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-17-2014, 09:51 AM   #20
Sergeant Smoke
On the road to being a farker

As others have said, no water. If it has water in the pan, you can open all vents and it won't break 295 on the tel tru, but the maverick reads 315. It will cruise there for hours upon hours though which is nice and plenty hot enough for some good yard bird.

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-17-2014, 10:05 AM   #21
Fwismoker

Not all cookers are designed to crisp chicken and wings. Do you have a kettle grill or something?

Visit [COLOR="Red"]OctoForks[/COLOR] in Sales & Ventures

Website & Blog: [url]www.octoforks.com[/url]
Fwismoker is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
Backwoods Party, crispy chicken skin, wings