Lone Star Grillz Vertical Insulated Cabinet Smoker-For the new Owner

When you ordered from LSG did they send both seals or did you have to buy one for the cooking chamber and another for the fire box?

When you ordered from LSG did they send both seals or did you have to buy one for the cooking chamber and another for the fire box?
I didn't order them. Chris sent them to me when I had a handle mess up on me. It was a long strip of it that I cut in 2 pieces to fit both doors. I would think that it is enough for both doors.

I'm amazed how quick my ribs get done now in the Mini, I cooked two St. Louis cuts in little over 4 hours and that was with no wrapping. Have you guys noticed quicker cook times? I won a local neighborhood rib cook off today. Nothing more than a small trophy but it meant something for me.

Been looking a long while, finally finished this thread and made my purchase of one LSG Mini. Hope its here before christmas

Chris built my trailer right at two years ago. 24x72 main chamber pit with warming oven above the fire box. He also put an adjustable charcoal grill and large 72" enclosed storage. It was right at 3300 lbs when it was all said and done so I went ahead and added the additional axel.

Now I'm really glad I added the extra axel because I just ordered the insulated "mini" for the trailer. I love my stick burner but it will be nice to have a set and forget smoker. Lead time is estimated at 6 weeks for anyone thinking about ordering.

I've been watching this thread since I first started researching pit builders. I can tell anyone considering ordering anything from LSG that products are top of the line. I can't wait to add another fine product to my BBQ obsession.

Chris built my trailer right at two years ago. 24x72 main chamber pit with warming oven above the fire box. He also put an adjustable charcoal grill and large 72" enclosed storage. It was right at 3300 lbs when it was all said and done so I went ahead and added the additional axel.

Now I'm really glad I added the extra axel because I just ordered the insulated "mini" for the trailer. I love my stick burner but it will be nice to have a set and forget smoker. Lead time is estimated at 6 weeks for anyone thinking about ordering.

I've been watching this thread since I first started researching pit builders. I can tell anyone considering ordering anything from LSG that products are top of the line. I can't wait to add another fine product to my BBQ obsession.
That's gonna be an awesome setup!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Fireboard users

Have a large IVS and recently got a fireboard and used it for the first time this weekend on a turkey and really enjoyed it. Now I have a few questions;
1. How does everyone have it mounted to the bracket Chris makes for it?
2. When not in use do you take it off?
3. When starting up do you open both valves?
4. Once at or close to temp how do you run your valves?

Thanks in advance!

Have a large IVS and recently got a fireboard and used it for the first time this weekend on a turkey and really enjoyed it. Now I have a few questions;

Thanks in advance!
What bracket does Chris make for it?

I did 2 briskets on mine for the first time in a while and I had forgotten how easy it to cook on this cooker and how good the food comes out on it. Here are some pictures of the brisket
f8a019109bd0961ad7bf91bff8701233.jpg
53f8cdaa618be7b9ea192cdc07aa8861.jpg
dd270f3c53592d7ee71042374ba9dc2f.jpg
27c6c26fa94391b96bbe6f343610535a.jpg

Good looking bird. I am jealous of you guys with the new upgraded grates. They look so much easier to clean

Next weekend rolling out 8 briskets and sausage
For a Wedding
Good thing I picked out the Big Boy Smoker

Does anyone use the Fireboard on their LSG IVC? I am thinking about purchasing the whole unit from LSG? Any help will be appreciated.

Next weekend rolling out 8 briskets and sausage
For a Wedding
Good thing I picked out the Big Boy Smoker
Congrats on the cooker! For a size reference, 8 briskets will fit in the mini. Don't let the name fool you. :heh:

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I just got a fire board controller to replace my guru. I am very happy with it if you have the cash get one easy to use and works very well with LSG IVC.

Thanks in advance!

I'm new to this, so apply huge grain of salt to my answers :grin:

1) I got the adapter from Chris and the holes lined up perfectly so just used screws
2) Yes, just unscrew it from the bushing attached to the valves
3) only a mini here but open all the way
4) about a third

Ordered a Mini from Amber on Friday morn. Felt like I was visiting a celebrity...ha! Picked up a t-shirt, put my money down, and went on my way.

Gonna be a long 8 weeks.

Back