Gravity Fed Question

I like mixing chunks in the chute better because after a while the ash kind of choked the burn on the mini logs or chunks in the firebox -On mine they burn better mixed in the chute.

That does not happen on mine. They stay red and burn completely.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

My offset produces better smoke flavor but it's not a cos. The GF is about 85% of the stick burner but i haven't used it a lot. My problem is way too many cookers. I can get closer I'm sure. With my insulated cabinet i can get 90-95% of the stick burner.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Thank you for the insight, i'm leaning more towards the gravity fed. If i can't get a good deal on one, i may just cut back in the 2k - 2500 range and buy me a nice trailer or shed to store my pressure washer, smokers etc.. And BEST case scenario, i will buy more smokers haa

I have a 3 year old and a 4 year old. My advice is a stick burner is a nightmare with kids. I am sure some people do it and are fine. Every 45 mins having to tend a fire is not easy with kids. I think stick burning is an art that you have to be focused on more than a parent of young children can.

I use a 270 Smokers sumo. I can get good smoke flavor and focus on my kids. I am up before they wake up and settle in for a long cook. I can run on lump or briquettes. No storing massive amounts of wood. No sourcing wood. Its an insulated reverse flow cabinet smoker. I love it.

If you really want a stick burner there is a cabinet smoker that uses straight wood or charcoal when your busy. I think its an Ironside smoker. Let me double check brb.

Back