Sausage Pic

16Adams

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
One of the best heat balanced sausages I’ve run across. It has the sweat running behind your ears and causes a flush feeling in your cheeks. However the palate is not on fire. Coarse Texture is/was on point. No bologna texture here. To hot for the Bride which is a plus. You taste the blended meats and you feel the heat. You get the occasional jalapeño taste but the polite heat of a moderate green chile. As the saying goes in the Scoville world “the Heat caressed the palate it didn’t choke the throat”. It was hot without being Spicy. This sausage had good skin.

https://www.heb.com/product-detail/h-e-b-texas-heritage-pecan-smoked-3-pepper-sausage/1671277

Last edited:
I was expecting to see a pic of your .. well nevermind. Thanks for pointing them out, I'll have to find some next time I'm in H*E*B country.

I have been really impress3d with all the HEB sausages I have tried so far. Really good products

Lubbock is getting an HEB fall 2020, maybe Amarillo is on the radar.

My local United has Shiner summer sausage suddenly. I picked up a chub yesterday and I certainly recommend it.

what did you run your temp at and how long did you smoke. Looking at doing some sausage, never done it before.

Back