Most American Kobe Burger

DerHusker

Babbling Farker
[FONT=&quot]Today was a scorcher here in Low Cal. When I went to the store to get a few items it said 111 degrees on my car thermometer. Might have been because of the big parking lot but dayuum it was hot. Because of the heat I wanted something simple to cook. How about hamburgers? Sure, why not. Now I had placed an order a few weeks ago and SRF was giving a 1 lb. box (2 8 oz. patties) with any order over $99.00 so I thawed them out. (First time eating Kobe anything) [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I put a chimney of lump on the side burner to speed thing along.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]2 burgers didn’t warrant the Primo so I used the Weber Jumbo Joe. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Put the patties on the grill for indirect and sprinkled them with some Primo Chicago Stockyard seasoning.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]While the burgers were cooking I used the coals to roast some Anaheim peppers. (I hope to get a box of Hatch chilies on Sunday)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Chilies are done and the burgers are ready to be flipped. I put on 1 hot dog as well.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]After the hot dog was done I did a quick sear on the burgers and then take them inside.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Now I assemble the burger. Catsup and pickles.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] Potato chips[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Lettuce, tomato,[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]and then the hamburger patty[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I ended up missing the rest of the build as we were getting really hungry and just want to get at this thing beauty.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]And the Money Shot.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]It was extremely messy but also extremely delicious. My wife and MIL shared one and I ate the other. My wife who says that the meat is her least favorite part of a hamburger. Normally when we order a hamburger out she will feed half of her meat to our dog Husker. Not this time. She loved it. :becky:
[/FONT]

Looks delish, potato chips on a burger?
Interesting combination, must try that

Love the chips!!!!!
Thank you pgyrogear. I was trying to emulate the Carl's Jr. Most American Thickburger below.
the-most-american-thickburger.jpg

Not quite there but close. I should've made the hot dog more prominent.

Looks delish, potato chips on a burger?
Interesting combination, must try that
Thank you Titch. The chips were due to me trying to replicate the Carl's Jr. Most American Thickburger, (See above)

Can't say I'd do them again. Next time I'll just have them as a side but since the original had them, mine needed to as well.

Fantastic burger work man, really great.

And those SRF burgers are really great, although they flame like crazy on a gasser

Back