Fall Brethren Bash in Michigan. Attn surrounding states.

bbqbull

Watching over us.
Reaction score
This is a retitled Mid Michigan Bash.
Dear Brethren Members, After attending my first Brethren Bash last fall at Parrotheads.........or Gregs house, where I had one of the most wonderfull times of my life. Got to meet a lot of the Brethren Brothers. No slam intended to the ladies as I dont believe we had only a couple and none attended. Due to the amount of fun I had there, I figured what the heck, Im gonna try and host one here for the Brethren Brothers and Sisters. In a nutshell, We ate, drank, burped and farted. Told some raunchy jokes and photos tell me we ..........I Will not confirm nor deny this.........violated Jeff in KC'S Spicewine Smoker.

Im planning on hosting a Brethren Bash here either at my home or Eagle Park Michigan Friday Oct 12-14.

Depending on the amount of folks interested in attending.

Im located 10 miles WNW of Lansing Michigan.. Its our State Capital.

Im located about 10-15 minutes from our Capital City Airport. Its flight desigination I do believe is LAN.

Next and larger airport is Grand Rapids Michigan. Thats about a 45 minute drive from here.

Dates of the bash are Friday Oct. 12th. through Sunday. Oct. 14 th.

Depending on the number of folks attending, I can either hold it here at my house or at Eagle Park.

I have tentatively rented the park for those days if needed.

We will have access to a commercial grade approved kitchen. Not sure about a stove though. Will have to check.

We also have a sheltered area for eating, drinking ect at the park.

Doubtfull on campfire due to State Wide Burning Band.

I will bring my 30" X 8' Klose Mobile and my normal things I take for a comp. I will bring foods that I enjoy cooking plus more for us all to share in. This will include some ribs, briskets and veggies and Bagna Cauda. Breakfast items like eggs, bacon Pillsbury dinner rolls ect. I will also have food to make ABT"S, Fatties......want to try Pig Candy ect.

If your interested in making something special. Please bring it with you as well as your beverages of choice.

There are shade trees, as well as room for some motorhomes and tents at the park.

I thought about doing a comp. type get together and decided against it. Comes to me as way too stressfull as far as turn in times ect.

I just want to have a little fun and do some Q as its been one hectic summer for us here.

Any and all questions welcomed and closer to the dates, I will post my home phone number, as well as my cell to the attendees.

Ive also extended the invite to the GLBBQA. Thats Great Lakes Bbq Association.

Fingers crossed here and wish me luck on this.:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I wanted to get this out today for folks to check there schedules and let me know what your thoughts are.

Looks good to me Bull. The only problem might be that it is my wife's birthday weekend and we usualy go up to the U.P. Most beautiful time of year in Michigan is mid October.

Count us in Bull. Live in Ada (greater Grand Rapids area) about 15 min from the GR airport. would be happy to pick anyone up that wants to fly in. Have a few guest rooms(3) if needed. Will plan on bringing the motorhome and Lang and any other equipment I have that might be of use, outdoor stove, ez-ups, tables, ect...ect...

Hey Bull, I'll be there, at least one day :) I have also gotten a few replies from some of the members of the GLBBQA. I will get with you via e-mail later this week to give you the details.

Sounds good Mike, Hoping to hear from some of the Brethren that I met last year in Ill. as well.

I may get my arse out there for a day also. withthe airport so close, and Southwest flying there, its cheap, and fast.

Looking forward to meeting the Brethren Folks for sure.

Just bumping this up to see if there's any more interest.:biggrin:

Im doing a Huge BUMP here..........I really would like to get a roll call started here real soon. Otherwise this will go down in the archives as a well planned bash that never materialized!I know that Pimpsmoke, Tonto, Poohbah, SpyderMike, Boberosabbq, Lazybonesmoke plan on attending, if for only one day...........and if I missed somebody..........I apoligize.We could do this small group here at my house and have a great time for sure. Im not trying to slight anybody here and I also realize that folks are so darned busy these days im trying to just get an estimate or nose count and hope this bash materializes for sure.

That weekend just doesn't work for me.

Not positive if I'll be three I will be in Hillsadale, MI that weekend running my dogs in a field trial. If I get done I'll try and swing that way but I can't make any promises.

I would love to, but the new work will not permit it.

Ladies & Gents, :smile:

Please forgive my :icon_blush: shamless attempt to draw you into a small, beginners competition, but I do still have a few spots open! And I would really like to get these sites filled.
As many of you may or may not know, Lyons is only twenty minutes west of Eagle, (thats 40 minutes from both Lansing and Grand Rapids) and if you would like to do a warm-up for the "Big Brethren Bash" in Eagle, please join us on the 5th & 6th at our "First Time Our Back-Yard Barbecue" in Lyons. Camping will be at the Competition site, so you will not have to wander to far to the Grill in the middle of the night.
We are looking forward to meeting many of you here in Lyons, I like the idea of a rollcall response, and maps can be found at our web site :arrow: (By the way, it's been fixed) www.lyonsvillage.org.
The Newbee!

Jille, first I heard of this contest. Sounds like a great time for sure.

I went to the link, I assume all foods have to be grilled?

Also welcome to the forum! Please go to cattle call and introduce your self.

Yes Sir! It's not Barbecue with out a grill is it?

Back