• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Ohio State Vs Michigan Brethren Bash

chinesebob

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Brethren,

Being a Buckeye through to the core I was thinking that it might be fun this year to see if there were any fellow buckeyes and wolverines that would be interested in doing a bash in tribute for one of the oldest rivalries in College Football.

This year the game is being played in Michigan and so I was thinking that to start the tradition off right we would alternate where the game would be played the week before. So this year it's in Michigan so we come to ohio for the bash. Next year we switch.

Also to make the entire trip more appealing - the cooked meat would be donated to a local soup kitchen. If we have some takers I can find the location and get it coordinated from that perspctive.

Any takers? I promise the goal is to show the world that we can come together in peace at a time of great contention over something far greater than our own tiny worlds - BBQ!

I think it would be fun. Maybe we could have some of the sports media people judge the que and vote for the winner. PM me and we could talk about it some more.

I'd be up for it, as long at it's not on game day itself... I get a bit single minded on that day. :)

I could be up for this! Hard to commit this early with the family. I'm definately out for gameday - my buddy and I have headed up a party for as long as I can remember, and I would get killed if I broke the tradition.

There's no way it would be gameday. That's not healthy for any of us. I'll send each of you a PM with my info and we'll start tracking it. That's the Project Manager in me coming out. If you know of anyone else or there's any other Big 10 people out there by all means let us know.

Count us in. I'm Tonto's other half and a die hard buckeye....grew up in Akron. Live in Michigan now and boy, is it hard to maintain relationships in Wolverine land.

Bud.

Go Bucks!

I think it would be fun. Maybe we could have some of the sports media people judge the que and vote for the winner. PM me and we could talk about it some more.

That's a great idea. What would be really fun is to get one from each state to do that. They wouldn't mind - especially if the left overs are going to a charity.

That sounds like a blast. I would love to if the date works out right. I have never been to one of the bashes. Do you do full cooks or just one item?

That sounds like a blast. I would love to if the date works out right. I have never been to one of the bashes. Do you do full cooks or just one item?

It's our bash we can do whatever. Now that there's interest I'm working on the field.

We should contact the university marketing department and talk to them maybe we could get alot of publicity out of this. Like budweiser did with the "bud bowl" kinda thing.

that's a good idea. I'm thinking we could contact both and let them know. I would like to keep it fun but it could also turn out to be a great thing if we do it right.

My money is on the Blue and Gold..........sorry Buckeye fans.....I maybe from Indiana but Michigan Football is close to being a deity.....lol

Count us in. I'm Tonto's other half and a die hard buckeye....grew up in Akron. Live in Michigan now and boy, is it hard to maintain relationships in Wolverine land.

Bud.

Go Bucks!
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Ever hear of the Spartans?:icon_shy

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Ever hear of the Spartans?:icon_shy

Trust me, we get alot of wierd looks with a Ohio state flag on one side of the vehicle and a Spartan flag on the other side:shock: ....makes life interesting!!!!:mrgreen:

You'll get funny looks here too but as long as the scarlet and gray is flying your life will be spared.

That sounds like a blast Bob!

Schedule permitting, I'm in!!

Go Bucks!!!!:mrgreen:

Back