• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

? Bratwurst Toppings & Condiment Suggestions ?

Horseradish and relish have already been mentioned and would be what I would add to your list and call it good...

However here are some other toppings I have seen around for something different:
Chili/cheese
Mac n cheese and bacon
Taco style with taco meat
Philly style
Italian with marinara

Yes, you are. A proper Sheboygan brat MUST be served on a hard roll. They are light and airy yet firm and crusty, unlike a hot dog bun.

You got this, Brother! :mrgreen:

I hear where you are coming from, but we can't switch up the buns... but buying 6 or 8 hard rolls for the office people is do-able.

Have to pound a bag of cheesy Doritos up and use it for a salty crunch

You got it. Anything else "weird" and you are going overboard or wasting money. Those are all good options. Unless you want to include a spicy relish or pickled peppers for the 10 burn-your-mouth-off guys?

Tortillas. Not the flat stacked two dozen cold in the grocery store.
Find a taqueria that belts out fresh cooked fluffy soft as a pillow tortillas.

As for condiments I like mustard. Any mustard, but prefer the grainy

Where does beer fit into this conversation?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

In a few weeks we'll be cooking 250 brats as part of a business's customer appreciation day. Food will be served from 11am to 2pm, and we will use a post cook beer bath to hold the sausages. Sides (for now) will be assorted chips, potato salad, coleslaw, and pickles. So far... the condiment list is:

Yellow mustard
Brown mustard - grainy
Creole mustard - a hair spicy
Bratwurst red sauce - homemade
Ketchup
Onions, could have some cooked and some raw.
Grilled red, yellow, orange peppers to use for a Chicago style dog.
Shredded cheese
Sauerkraut, heated
Pickles for on the side

Are we missing anything??
German sausage/Bratwurst. All that is needed is mustard and sauerkraut.
DanB

Where does beer fit into this conversation?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

The only beer will be in a beer/butter bath for holding the brats after cooking. I'm thinking the first wave or two will be 30 to 40 brats at a time as the shop employees will also be eating during their lunch time. After that, and depending on how the guests roll in, we can stagger quantities of 15 to 20 on different racks so that they are done on 15 or 20 minute intervals.

I've seen a couple others mention it, but we are obviously in the minority thinking chili. I enjoy the taste it brings to a brat.

Back