Best protein getting places just South of Atlanta, GA

bschoen

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
I live in the McDonough - Hampton area of Georgia, about 25 miles, give or take, South of Atlanta, I would like to find some better outlets for good cuts of smokable protein, pork, beef, lamb, goat, fish ... I have been here for 3+ years and am still looking to up my shopping.

So far on my goto list is:
- Costco Business Center in Morrow - good selection of decent quality beef and pork.
- Nam Dae Mun in Morrow - great selections of decent proteins, lots of variety, good prices.
- Sam's Club in McDonough. Hit and miss for pork and beef..
- Krogers/Publix in the area, hit and miss.
- Went into T&T meats in McDonough, looked pretty good for mainstream cuts, but was not blown away.

I don't want to go into Atlanta, prefer to not go North of Morrow, but if some getting spot in Atlanta simply rocks, I will bite that bullet.
I haven't looked for meat South of me, but if there is some great meat source in Macon or there abouts would have no problem with it.

Maybe too east of you but the butcher shop in Loganville have some awesome plate ribs. I accidentally told a coworker about it and he’s been beating me to my source the past few weekends. I also like the meat counter at Stripling’s General Store in Bogart. Pricey but it’s a touristy spot with a lot of sauces and spices to look at.

corners edge butcher shop 875 Flat Shoals Rd Ste 140, Conyers, GA. 30094 #770-648-6310

Back