The Official Pellet Grill Smoker thread.

Nope and that is the issue. They flat out denied me, so that is where it ends. Stuck with a $3K hunk of stainless. It has worked here and there and when I thought it was fixed, it failed again or something else went wrong. Thats ok though, I am fine with it. Just gotta do my homework and make sure I make the right choice this time. Honestly I am just bummed out about the whole thing. Going to be some good old fashioned kettle and drum smoking for the summer. Sure it is going to be hard to find something right about now. Tough to buy anything right now.

Hmmm...

Well there’s one in every crowd...

You or the company?

In this case you’re the outlier...

Oh ok, go ahead and attack me as a “fanboy” blah blah blah...

It’s just that yer story is like a square peg in a round hole, see what I’m sayin?

It just doesn’t make sense...

I am fine with a few degrees either way, but I have a Camp Chef that has 50 and 60 degree swings both ways. I mean honestly now that I know how to cook with it, I can use it, but in the beginning I could not figure out why stuff was over cooking until I got a good thermo and monitored the interior grill temps. Seems to recover pretty fast, but for some reason the temps just rise and fall the entire time and they are steep drops. One things the MAK did do good was hold the temps within 5 degrees. I don’t think I ever seen it go above 5 in either direction, that is about all I can say for it.

What Woodwind do you have? Mine Woodwind 24 WiFi kept pretty decent temps, probably +/-10 unless I really cranked up the smoke setting.

Hmmm...

Well there’s one in every crowd...

You or the company?

In this case you’re the outlier...

Oh ok, go ahead and attack me as a “fanboy” blah blah blah...

It’s just that yer story is like a square peg in a round hole, see what I’m sayin?

It just doesn’t make sense...

I’ve yet to see an explanation of his problems, other than the company is horrible and the grill is the worst mistake he’s made.

No company/product is 100% without issues but I’ve seen and dealt with people that demand the world and refuse to work with a company to try and make something right. They’re then the loudest about how horrible something/someone is.

I'm confused are you guys refusing to relent that their might be a person in the world who didn't get good service or was unsatisfied with their product? People can have valid opinions about their experience with a company without being 'wrong' by virtue of you liking the company and it's product. No product is 100% flawless.

I'm confused are you guys refusing to relent that their might be a person in the world who didn't get good service or was unsatisfied with their product? People can have valid opinions about their experience with a company without being 'wrong' by virtue of you liking the company and it's product. No product is 100% flawless.

Sorry yer confused...

Refusing to relent that there’s a person in the world that didn’t good service? Ummmm nope, I said there are outliers, see what I’m sayin?

His story flies in the face of my experience and MANY others!

I simply cannot imagine that he is the only one in th’ werld that got a hunkajunk MAK and they won’t call him back...

2+2=5 just doesn’t werk...

Sorry yer confused...

Refusing to relent that there’s a person in the world that didn’t good service? Ummmm nope, I said there are outliers, see what I’m sayin?

His story flies in the face of my experience and MANY others!

I simply cannot imagine that he is the only one in th’ werld that got a hunkajunk MAK and they won’t call him back...

2+2=5 just doesn’t werk...

He’s explained it a few times. Started with a cracked auger that Mak replaced, but the replacement doesn’t seem to work correctly which leads to common flameouts. I think he has had some other issues as well.

Is this common for a Mak? No, but doesn’t mean the company can’t have a lemon every now and then.

What Woodwind do you have? Mine Woodwind 24 WiFi kept pretty decent temps, probably +/-10 unless I really cranked up the smoke setting.
I have the very first model. I am sure they are probably better now.

I’ve yet to see an explanation of his problems, other than the company is horrible and the grill is the worst mistake he’s made.

No company/product is 100% without issues but I’ve seen and dealt with people that demand the world and refuse to work with a company to try and make something right. They’re then the loudest about how horrible something/someone is.
I have 50 saved emails and 20 phone calls that says otherwise. Never said they were a horrible company and don’t demand anything, you don’t know me. I do demand something with a premium price tag work.

I stand by my werds..

At this point there’s nothing that’ll make you happy...

I stand by my werds..

At this point there’s nothing that’ll make you happy...
Sent you PM.

From this point on I no longer wish to discuss anything MAK related. Want to keep the thread positive as it has been the last few years. Anybody that wishes to talk in private, I will be happy to talk via PM and can even exchange phone numbers and we can talk in person. Have talked to a few people now and have explained my side. Thanks!

Also anybody that has an Assassin Pellet Grill would love to hear some feedback on it.

Have you looked at Pits and Spits pellet grill Dave?

It is one fantastic looking cooker and I think there are a few on here...

Hard to stand on the sidelines, not be involved and determine the fault. I think people get frustrated if someone is willing to help but everything they try fails through no fault of their own and it still does not function properly. If those were the circumstances, I would not blame someone for wanting the company to do something more.

Have you looked at Pits and Spits pellet grill Dave?

It is one fantastic looking cooker and I think there are a few on here...
I was actually looking at them last night. They actually have an all stainless model. They are defiantly on the short list. The front runner right now is the Cookshack PG1000. They also have a Pellet Cabinet, I think it is the FEC 100? something like that. Thought the cabinet might be different.

Cook shack is great cooker!

I believe Hoss has one...

Hoss?

Hi Dave,

To be clear, we don't expect you to "keep fixing" your grill. We are more than happy to help you find a solution to anything you've experienced, as our documented history of our communications with you amply demonstrates.

We would still be happy, in fact, for you to call us so we can reach a solution. In the event you won't do that, the best resolution is probably for you to sell your grill.

Our manufacturing process, our quality control procedures, and our choice of suppliers make us confident that any problem can be easily fixed with proper communication. Now and then something can slip through the cracks, but we've ensured that every standalone component of our grills is easily removed and replaced.

MAK Grills will work with any owner of a MAK Grill, whether the original or any subsequent owner, to resolve anything that might occur due to normal wear and tear, operator/user error, or component failure.

Please let us know if we can do anything to help.

Best Regards,
-The MAK Grills Team

Hi Dave,

To be clear, we don't expect you to "keep fixing" your grill. We are more than happy to help you find a solution to anything you've experienced, as our documented history of our communications with you amply demonstrates.

We would still be happy, in fact, for you to call us so we can reach a solution. In the event you won't do that, the best resolution is probably for you to sell your grill.

Our manufacturing process, our quality control procedures, and our choice of suppliers make us confident that any problem can be easily fixed with proper communication. Now and then something can slip through the cracks, but we've ensured that every standalone component of our grills is easily removed and replaced.

MAK Grills will work with any owner of a MAK Grill, whether the original or any subsequent owner, to resolve anything that might occur due to normal wear and tear, operator/user error, or component failure.

Please let us know if we can do anything to help.

Best Regards,
-The MAK Grills Team
Thanks for reaching out Josh.

Back