BBQ Brethren Exclusive! -- Oakridge BBQ New Prototype Give-Away!!

For anyone looking for a sauce to go along with their Saigon 21 experiments, here ya' go... I pulled this out of the Oakridge BBQ recipe archives and substituted the Secret Weapon in the original recipe for the new Saigon 21 prototype. You might also go 50/50 on SW and Saigon. I think that would be very good too...

MJT_8914sh.jpg

Original Recipe Link:
https://www.oakridgebbq.com/asian-wings-thai-fusion-pulled-pork-spring-rolls/

Oakridge BBQ Asian Glaze
  • 1 cup Sweet chili sauce
  • 1 heaping TBSP Hoisin sauce
  • 1 TBSP black soy sauce (you can substitute 1 TBSP reg. soy sauce plus 1 TBSP brown sugar)
  • 1 TBSP Oakridge BBQ Saigon 21 rub (or 1½ tsp Secret Weapon and 1½ tsp Saigon 21)
  • 1½ tsp fish sauce
  • 1 TBSP peeled, microplaned fresh ginger
  • 1 large clove garlic, peeled and microplaned
  • juice of one medium lime

:thumb: :thumb:

Thanks!

I have to tell you.....I made incredible bone in chicken breasts today. I don’t normally buy them but saw them at Audi and bought them. I put a heaping tablespoon of Saigon 21 in a bowl with a cup of non fat plain Greek yogurt. Rubbed it under the skin and all over the breasts. Put it in the fridge for 5 hours then cooked them on the grill. I’m not being dramatic when I say they were incredible. Bad news? No pics. I’m going to do it again next week end and I’ll get pics.

I’ll be devastated if this doesn’t make it to a regular stocked item. I can’t recommend it more. Maybe not the way it was made to be used, but it was great.

Devastated is a bit over the top....clearly I was still chicken-drunk when I typed this out. :crazy:
I have to tell you.....I made incredible bone in chicken breasts today. I don’t normally buy them but saw them at Audi and bought them. I put a heaping tablespoon of Saigon 21 in a bowl with a cup of non fat plain Greek yogurt. Rubbed it under the skin and all over the breasts. Put it in the fridge for 5 hours then cooked them on the grill. I’m not being dramatic when I say they were incredible. Bad news? No pics. I’m going to do it again next week end and I’ll get pics.

I’ll be devastated if this doesn’t make it to a regular stocked item. I can’t recommend it more. Maybe not the way it was made to be used, but it was great.

Ok, folks... I have just authorized a total of 150 pre-production prototype units to be released for early sale from a hidden link on our website. They are being offered at a reduced price, so further coupon discounts will not be allowed -- and only one per customer order please. Here's the link...

https://www.oakridgebbq.com/product/oakridge-bbq-saigon-21-prototype/

Thank you for all you do Mike! I only had a chance to use this rub on wings so far but my family and I really love it!

Great news :clap2: any changes to the recipe or should we expect that the production version is what we got with the samples?

Great news :clap2: any changes to the recipe or should we expect that the production version is what we got with the samples?

Hey Suds, two parameters were tweaked in this pre-production release. The final production version -- based on my testing over this weekend -- will have a couple more small tweaks when it is released later this month.

Back