A creature was stirring.....

LooseGoose

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
....me at 4:30am.

Trying for an all dayer, not an all nighter. The fire is lit, the butts are on.....

The long wait for 200° begins.....

YKPlMDO.jpg

Good start to the day. I was up at 4 to light my fire for brisket and ribs this evening.

Good start to the day. I was up at 4 to light my fire for brisket and ribs this evening.

It's a great time of the day. I used to own a dairy farm and sometimes I miss the early mornings. Well....except when it's -10°

Feel free to join the thread with your cook!

There is something special about being up that early to get started on an all day cook, especially the reward you get at the end. I will check back to see your progress.

With full daylight I'm thinking I should have cleaned the pine nuts off before taking pics. ;-) Temp is settling in nicely, should be about 2 sticks an hour from now until 4pm or so.

Kl6G3ii.jpg

You have a good day ahead.

It'll be fun. Fireworks last night in Comins, tonight in Luzerne and tomorrow night in Mio. Kids and grandkids coming over for butts and sides this afternoon. Watermelon chilling for dessert. Weather looks gorgeous so far. Should be a fine 4th.

I hope that many others are looking forward to a good holiday too.....we all need more joy in our lives.

With full daylight I'm thinking I should have cleaned the pine nuts off before taking pics. ;-) Temp is settling in nicely, should be about 2 sticks an hour from now until 4pm or so.

Kl6G3ii.jpg

Those pine nuts make a fine addition to a salad :razz: You are absolutely right, there is something therapeutic about getting up early with a cup of coffee, trying to keep quiet not to wake others and getting a pit ready. Enjoy Sir!

Beautiful sunrise, good smoke and the 4th. Awesome! You have a great day today!

I thought I recognized your smoker. I saw the name in your sig. That builder is pretty close to me, 15-20 miles away.

I thought I recognized your smoker. I saw the name in your sig. That builder is pretty close to me, 15-20 miles away.

I'm pretty happy with it, a good value. There are a couple things I'd change now that I've used it but that's often true of purchases.

Back