MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Catering, Food Handling and Awareness > Food Handling General Discussion

Notices

Food Handling General Discussion General and open discussion for food handling and safety.

Old 03-25-2009, 03:33 PM   #1
jlstetler1989
Got Wood.

Default Smoker

I want to build a smoker out of 2 barrels. The problem is i cant find food grade metal barrels. Do you guys think if i cant get food grade barrels i can burn out the hazardous stuff in the other barrels?
jlstetler1989 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-25-2009, 11:18 PM   #2
jgh1204
Babbling Farker

Check with oil suppliers, they may have new unused drums that you could buy.
Old 03-25-2009, 11:19 PM   #3
BBQ Grail
somebody shut me the fark up.

Burning out drums? You can do that?

Soon to be a Texafornian.

For a limited time I will be issuing Moink Ball Certificates. I'm working on a special COVID 19 Verson.
Email me for details.
BBQ Grail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 05:48 PM   #4
SmokeWatcher
is one Smokin' Farker

If you use oil drums, the remailing oil will burn off easily. I wouldn't try it with other chemicals though.
Old 04-01-2009, 09:59 PM   #5
OakPit
is One Chatty Farker

Some food processors use the metal 55 gal. drums for food shipping. They generally use a heavy plastic bag type liner so the product never touches the barrel itself. My family uses them to pack IQF strawberries for rail car shipments, Spice makers use them as well. They are essentially a clean metal barrel w/ no contaminants what so ever.
Hope this helps & good luck!

Traditional Santa Maria Pit
Mini, Small, Medium & Large BGE
Weber 22" OTS & 26" OTG & 18"WSM & WGA
[COLOR="Red"]Each wearing custom handles from Marty Leach[/COLOR]
OakPit is offline   Reply With Quote