A Venison, Wild Morel, Duck Egg Breakfast

Good Lawd, Jeanie!

That looks divine. It's really tough to beat duck eggs for flavor and richness.

Those are some really fun utensils, too.

Killer-b Jeanie! Love that you had the foresight (and restraint) to save some morels for the Summer! Foraging has seen slim pickings in my neck of the woods... but I love watching when somebody scores a mushroom find and rocks a cook like this! Thanks for sharing!

Food looks great as usual. Interesting decorations on the nest box. Not sure I would want to have to keep it clean though. Out of those 10 holes, how many do the hens actually use?

Very nice! A different version of steak and eggs that only you could pull off. WOW!

I never expect nor have I seen anything less than perfection from you Jen!!!!! that looks killer.... your birds are living the high life too.....

My oh my Jeanie, that looks AMAZING!!! :thumb:

Thanks Joe! The backstrap came out really tender. I like mine on the rare side. Hope you're having a nice weekend! :grin:

Something tells me Jeanie that your chickens are very appreciative for the nice digs and reward you with extra tasty eggs, shows you really care about your critters. I'm thinking about those leftovers wrapped up in a warm tortilla. Thanks for sharing.

Thank you Bill! I do spoil my animals but appreciate what they give in return. I think a happy critter is a tasty critter. lol Great idea on the tortilla. I'll do that next time! :grin:

Outstanding. I would that whole skillet

Thanks George! I'd fedex it if I could. :grin:

Good Lawd, Jeanie!

That looks divine. It's really tough to beat duck eggs for flavor and richness.

Those are some really fun utensils, too.
Glad to hear you're a duck egg fan too! My friends think they are better than chicken eggs. :grin: The knife and fork set are for camping but I use them at home every so often.

Killer-b Jeanie! Love that you had the foresight (and restraint) to save some morels for the Summer! Foraging has seen slim pickings in my neck of the woods... but I love watching when somebody scores a mushroom find and rocks a cook like this! Thanks for sharing!
Thanks Hawkeye! Hope next morel season is good to ya! I felt fortunate to find so many this year. Hope you have a great weekend! :grin:

Food looks great as usual. Interesting decorations on the nest box. Not sure I would want to have to keep it clean though. Out of those 10 holes, how many do the hens actually use?
lol No cleaning required! :laugh: The "girls" knock any dust off as they enter and leave the nest. With close to 30 hens, EVERY box is used and then some! The girls have their favorites. :grin:

Very nice! A different version of steak and eggs that only you could pull off. WOW!
Thanks Ron! I did think about slicing the backstrap into steaks but opted for the quick route. lol :grin:

I still say you could become a Zillionaire with a youtube channel or TV show. Just keeps getting better and better!

One of your Best Yet! :clap2::becky::clap2:

Dang it Mike, Hope you all are keeping safe! Thanks for the kind comment. Keeping you and Anne in my thoughts!

That's what I was thinking, pretty impressive!
Thanks! They are heavy duty! :grin:

I never expect nor have I seen anything less than perfection from you Jen!!!!! that looks killer.... your birds are living the high life too.....
Great to see ya Paul! I do spoil my animals but they don't seem to mind it. lol Hope you're having a great weekend! :grin:

Hell ......yes. Want. Now. Already have some of my beef thawed out for tonight, but now I'm looking at that backstrap in my freezer.

Can't seem to ever find any morels though. I don't get it. When they are in season they are always in the farmers market, but I never find any on my place or in the woods around. Just no luck on them. Morels and venison is one of my top five meals ever in my life.

Looks great. Like your coop too.

Jeanie, I would call that "the perfect bite" of breakfast! Sounds really good. I havent gotten to try a duck egg yet, but a runny sunny side up or overeasy duck egg is on my to do list one of these days. What kind of duck do you raise?

That looks fantastic!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks so much Justin! :grin:

Hell ......yes. Want. Now. Already have some of my beef thawed out for tonight, but now I'm looking at that backstrap in my freezer.

Can't seem to ever find any morels though. I don't get it. When they are in season they are always in the farmers market, but I never find any on my place or in the woods around. Just no luck on them. Morels and venison is one of my top five meals ever in my life.

Looks great. Like your coop too.

Shoot, I bet your area has quite a few morels. I imagine everyone keeps their hunting places a secret! lol Hope you find some next season. Thanks! :grin:

Jeanie, I would call that "the perfect bite" of breakfast! Sounds really good. I havent gotten to try a duck egg yet, but a runny sunny side up or overeasy duck egg is on my to do list one of these days. What kind of duck do you raise?

Thanks Jeremy! Sunnyside up and easy over are my favorites too.
Right now I have Cayugas, Buffs and Blue Swede. My last Chocolate Runner was nabbed by a coyote. :tsk::grin:

Nice Job!

Fellas I think we found the fox in the hen house!

Thanks Zippy! :grin:

Always amazed and intrigued to read your posts, Jeanie. Outstanding as usual. Bravo!!

Thanks so much Dom! Very kind of you! :grin:

I have been told that nothing is perfect.I have been misinformed.THAT is a PERFECT breakfast right there!!!

Back