MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 02-17-2019, 04:25 PM   #16
THoey1963
somebody shut me the fark up.

Name/Nickname : Terry

I love my WSCG. Review from a couple years ago in my signature. It's my daily use grill / smoker and I only use my cabinet if I am cooking more than will fit on it. There is a guy on the WSCG Facebook page that made slight modifications to the Big Joe Large Joetisserie that made it fit and work with the WSCG. I bought one just to make the modifications, and then decided before modifying it that I hadn't needed a rotisserie in the last 10 years, why did I need one now.

Lone Star Grillz Insulated Cabinet Smoker / Weber Summit Charcoal Grilling (WSCG) Station / CyberQ / Slow N Sear with Drip N Griddle

WSCG Review [URL="http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=245542"][COLOR=Blue][B]HERE[/B][/COLOR][/URL]. WSM Mods [URL="http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=201917"][COLOR=Blue][B]HERE[/B][/COLOR][/URL]. My Brisket Guide [URL="http://bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=238834"][COLOR=Blue][B]HERE[/B][/COLOR][/URL].
THoey1963 is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->

Old 02-20-2019, 10:34 AM   #17
itskrod00
Found some matches.

i read that, awesome review! i will probably pick up my new summit early next week. i decided to go for it because i literally have not read a bad review on them. i only hear good things, and heard its brings the best of both worlds (ceramic and weber).
itskrod00 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-21-2019, 04:25 AM   #18
Histrix
Full Fledged Farker

Gabby's Grills makes a Santa Maria setup for the Kettles. No idea if it will work with the Summit dome.
https://gabbysgrills.com/product/22-...a-style-combo/
Histrix is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-21-2019, 06:01 PM   #19
itskrod00
Found some matches.

dont think it will the summit hood is attached and doesnt come off. only hinges open.
itskrod00 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-21-2019, 06:56 PM   #20
WilliamKY
is Blowin Smoke!

Name/Nickname : William

Quote:
Originally Posted by itskrod00 View Post
Whats with Weber not coming out with an updated version or some more accessories to compete with the leading ceramic grills, ex. rotisserie set up?
The competition is chasing Weber if you ask me. Of the competitors who's been around longer? Weber doesn't need any gimmicks.
Weber 26
WGA
Old Smokey Electric.
Go Cards!
WilliamKY is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-22-2019, 06:07 AM   #21
Gee Tee
Is lookin for wood to cook with.

Name/Nickname : Glenn

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4ever3 View Post
Why does ‘merica get screwed?
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70monte View Post
I have never understood why Europe gets all of the cool accessories and colors and we don't. With Weber being an American company, they sure screw us.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dadsr4 View Post
I'm guessing that there's more profit margin there, based on the prices I see posted by people who live outside the US.
I just Googled the Mastertouch I posted above. In Greece, it goes for €371.99, which converts to $420.22.
The cheapest 22" kettle, with no ash catcher, $99.00 everywhere here, goes for €186.99, $211.23 US.
Don't feel too bad about it, while the Weber kettle is considered an entry level/cheap product in North America, it's fairly high end for charcoal here in Europe and the UK and is priced accordingly. I sometimes see you guys posting about buying a Weber Master Touch for $99 on offer, which is around £76. That almost makes me cry. £200 is a good offer here.

Have a look around the online department of my local place: https://www.norwichcamping.co.uk/sho...=0&o=relevance

Sorry to the OP, not trying to hijack your thread. Do you want to use the rotisserie with the lid down? If not could you use a universal rotisserie? Perhaps get a second grill grate and bolt the brackets to it permanently? I can't see an easy route for the Santa Maria though
Gee Tee is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-22-2019, 07:15 AM   #22
4ever3
somebody shut me the fark up.

Such cool stuff Glenn!

Old Oklahoma Joe (Opal)
GMG TREK (Greta Thunberg)
Weber Summit Charcoal (Waylon)
MAK 2 Star (Maybel)

2x “Unfortunately nothing wrong with that” Bob C Que…
I must be living right (somehow…)
4ever3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-22-2019, 02:10 PM   #23
70monte
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gee Tee View Post
Don't feel too bad about it, while the Weber kettle is considered an entry level/cheap product in North America, it's fairly high end for charcoal here in Europe and the UK and is priced accordingly. I sometimes see you guys posting about buying a Weber Master Touch for $99 on offer, which is around £76. That almost makes me cry. £200 is a good offer here.

Have a look around the online department of my local place: https://www.norwichcamping.co.uk/sho...=0&o=relevance

Sorry to the OP, not trying to hijack your thread. Do you want to use the rotisserie with the lid down? If not could you use a universal rotisserie? Perhaps get a second grill grate and bolt the brackets to it permanently? I can't see an easy route for the Santa Maria though
I would be willing to pay a little more for some of the cool accessories and grills you guys have had.

I'm one of those guys that bought a $99 Mastertouch on clearance that is still in the box. I didn't need it but couldn't pass up the deal. I figure I will save it until I need it.

Tags
weber summit charcoal grill