Country Style Ribs-How do you cook them?

BBQ_Bama

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
We have a church function in two weeks and one of the items on the menu is country style pork ribs. I normally marinate them in a vinegar/oil based salad dressing and grill them.

But I'd like to change it up a bit. If anyone has a different way they do it and wouldn't mind sharing. I'd greatly appreciate it.

Last edited:
Grill Mates Smoke House Maple,it works really well on CSR and pork steaks which are both great,smoke them if possible but grilling is also really good

Any recommended temps for smoking these? I normally smoke my spare ribs at 275. Are these any different? Other than they won't need to cook as long?

I keep it simple. Put some smoke/heat on them so they get flavor and color. Wrap in a pan with a little vinegar and some bbq sauce (or no sauce and just use rub, particularly if you want to cater to the low sugar people) and cook until you can almost pull them apart with a fork. Done. Easy. Yummy!

Any recommended temps for smoking these? I normally smoke my spare ribs at 275. Are these any different? Other than they won't need to cook as long?
I cook them the same as spareribs.

I do shoulder cut CSR, those cut from the loin dry out when smoked.

I've tried grilling them- not much success. Smoking like ribs-ditto.

But smoking them for a couple hours then panning and braising in a thinned out bbq sauce until tender then charring on the grate is not too shabby.

275* works very well for me. I use my regular rib rub and cook until toothpick tender. I think they turn out really good.

I haven't seen any csr cut from the loin around here,plenty of fat on them and they do work very well grilled but if you have the time smoking cant be beat

I'm in the smoke them like ribs camp. Temp wise anywhere from 225-275. I've seen folks cook them all unwrapped or wrapped after a few hours, just like ribs. Some butterfly them and stuff with a cheese mixture. Roll them up, tie it up and smoke it. You have many options.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Back