I always wanted to be a "Pizza Man"...

Amazingly delicious looking pies, thanks for sharing.

Killer pies! You truly are a Wizard. :thumb:

I want to elevate my pizza game to this level :becky:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brujZGtT1TE

i just wanted to comment on this. as a pizza man i can say that what you have just watched i next to impossible to do and the guy is fenomonal on the level of what would be considered to be the best in the field.

i just wanted to comment on this. as a pizza man i can say that what you have just watched i next to impossible to do and the guy is fenomonal on the level of what would be considered to be the best in the field.

True, but I wouldn't eat that pizza. :razz:

Nice looking pies! I knew a fella that was a pizza delivery guy in LA in the early 90s. Group of jokers beat him over the head with a baseball bat. He survived, pretty chill. Name your 14 favorite pizzas to make.

I’m a sick ticket. I laughed when I read this, sorry. I’m ashamed of myself

Looks good! I’m a pizza but myself, saw a video recently of making a pizza on the kettle utilizing the two charcoal baskets to elevate the pizza on a screen up off the grate.

I’m going to try that method

Home made dough?
Geez, I'd kill those pies!
Yes it is. I will reveal the recipe when the video is finished in editing and posted:)

Looks good! I’m a pizza but myself, saw a video recently of making a pizza on the kettle utilizing the two charcoal baskets to elevate the pizza on a screen up off the grate.

I’m going to try that method
Cool!

Yes it is. I will reveal the recipe when the video is finished in editing and posted:)

Cool!

So @bbqwizard, you ever get that video posted? :mrgreen::mrgreen:

Looking to make some pies on the kettle on Friday. Would love to steal your dough recipe and advice.

I gotta try this! they look amazing always wanted to try it but the grill grates scare me

So @bbqwizard, you ever get that video posted? :mrgreen::mrgreen:

Looking to make some pies on the kettle on Friday. Would love to steal your dough recipe and advice.

Sadly no. I just saw my editing guy a couple days ago. He didn't like the first take of editing, so we hope to film another round. I will post it as soon as we do. Sorry for the delay.

You just made all those fancy weber kettle add-ons a complete waste of money!

And now you have do do it again? Oh Goody! :mrgreen:

Great looking pies!! I do the same thing, cook the pie directly on the grates of my Weber 22". Come out perfectly, little chard and taste great.

You just made all those fancy weber kettle add-ons a complete waste of money!

And now you have do do it again? Oh Goody! :mrgreen:
Ha ha. There are worse things I suppose.
I gotta try this! they look amazing always wanted to try it but the grill grates scare me
. Don't be afraid. The key is to have "clean" grates to start, and plenty of oil on the dough:)

Great looking pies!! I do the same thing, cook the pie directly on the grates of my Weber 22". Come out perfectly, little chard and taste great.

Seriously good eats!

I finally got the video posted but haven't had time to fill in all the boxes, so here is the recipe for the dough and and a special access view of the video. I hope you enjoy it.

https://youtu.be/uZ03O47w_lM
Pizza Dough

Ingredients

• [FONT=&quot]1 tablespoon active dry yeast[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]4-6 cups high-gluten flour (Bread flour will work just fine)[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]2 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Extra-virgin olive oil[/FONT]

Method
[FONT=&quot]1. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Sprinkle the yeast over 1/2 cup warm (105 to 110 degrees F) water and allow it to dissolve and activate, about 5 minutes.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]2. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Combine the flour and salt and mound it onto a cool work surface creating a high walled well in the center. Combine the yeast mixture with 1 1/2 cups of cool water and pour into the well. Slowly begin to mix the water and flour, a little at a time, moving your fingers in short, counter clockwise circles around the border of the water. When the dough is firm enough to hold it's shape, scrape the remaining flour over it and knead until the mass is smooth and shiny, approximately 7 minutes.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]3. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Transfer the dough to a bowl that has been brushed with olive oil. Brush the top of the dough with olive oil to prevent a skin from forming, cover the bowl with plastic wrap, and let rise in a warm place away from drafts until doubled in bulk, about 2 hours. Punch down the dough and knead once more. Let the dough rise again for about 40 minutes, punch down again and form dough into 4-6 balls. [/FONT]

Last edited:
Hey guys and gals,

I thought that I would bump this, seeing as though we are all looking for things to cook, and more importantly, cook outdoors.

I hope you enjoy the video! The dough recipe and video link are in the post above this one. The recipe is also on my YouTube post.

Cheers!

Outstanding! Gonna cause a lotta cravings for pizza with this.

Back