MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk > BBQ Brethren Throwdowns

Notices

BBQ Brethren Throwdowns Join us in the backyard for a fun bi-weekly photo contest and show off your BBQ creations! New categories are posted every other week, plus a special monthly category. Winners earn bragging rights, a Throwdown Certificate, prizes, and the chance to choose the next category. Some of our most talked about cooking techniques and recipes were given birth in the Throwdowns!

Old 03-01-2019, 10:43 PM   #31
AKMIMNAK
is one Smokin' Farker

Name/Nickname : Jonathan

My first entry into the contest:

On Feb 11 I made one of my all-time favorites: smashburgers. I use a 3-4 oz patty and smash it as thin as I can. I threw the steel plate griddle from my LSG offset onto my Weber kettle seasoned with bacon grease and brought it up to 700 degrees (even in the Minneapolis winter!). Patties down 45-60 seconds, flip and apply American cheese, 45 more seconds - done! You can even see the cheese edges frying and crisping in the 2nd and 3rd photos. They were awesome. The crust is the best I've ever gotten. Please enter the fourth photo of the completed burger with my hand around it for my entry. Thank you!

Last edited by AKMIMNAK; 06-19-2023 at 06:46 PM..
AKMIMNAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from: --->

Old 03-01-2019, 10:48 PM   #32
AKMIMNAK
is one Smokin' Farker

My second entry into the contest:

I just completed a 49-day dry age on this NY strip roast that I purchased a few days before Christmas. I cooked it like a prime rib roast on my WSM, hot and fast. Once it reached 120, I rested it for 15 minutes and then seared it over my WSM base. It was the juiciest, most tender NY strip I've ever had. Cut thick like prime rib, or shaved thin for roast beef, it was amazing.

Please use the second photo showing the inside of the meat as my entry photo.

Old 03-01-2019, 10:53 PM   #33
AKMIMNAK
is one Smokin' Farker

My 3rd and final entry into the contest:

It is shocking how good a $.49/lb piece of cheap meat can taste with the right rubs, sauces, and fire. In my opinion, thighs are the best part of the bird, and these chicken thighs did not disappoint. This was a weeknight dinner this week for us, and I used an SPG base and a new rub called Rum Runner 6 from Bootleg Spice company right here in Maple Grove, MN. It has a nice red color and a chili kick to it. Very good stuff. Put these on indirect but hot for 45 minutes flipping every 15. Sauced them with half Stubbs and half Rub Some Butt mustard for the final 15. They knocked my socks off. They were that good! About to get off this couch and go eat the last two pieces right now at 11 PM :)

Old 03-02-2019, 09:43 AM   #34
CakeM1x
is One Chatty Farker

Superbowl brisky! 2nd entry. Please use this as my entry photo.

Cook thread

https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/s...d.php?t=269131

Last edited by CakeM1x; 03-02-2019 at 10:58 AM..
CakeM1x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 09:59 AM   #35
lunchman
is Blowin Smoke!

Name/Nickname : Dom
Default Beef, Pork & Turkey Gyros and Homemade Pita

Entry picture:

Cook thread:

https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/s...d.php?t=269742

Regards,
-lunchman
Old 03-02-2019, 10:55 AM   #36
bbqwizard
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : Phillip

A favorite becomes a new favorite for others... When I was growing up, my mom used to make pork steaks all the time. T this day, it remains a favorite of mine, and now my wifes as well:) Wings never hurt either;) please accept this entry into the throwdown.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20190301_155947_927.jpg (83.6 KB, 247 views)
By His grace, for His glory!
bbqwizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 06:54 PM   #37
THoey1963
somebody shut me the fark up.

Name/Nickname : Terry

Please accept the following as my second entry into the "Foods You Love" TD.

Smoked Cheddar Cheese Stuffed Meatloaf

Cook thread HERE.

My favorite way to do meatloaf is to smoke it. Won't ever seen the oven again. And makes great sandwiches for the rest of the week. Cheese mixed into the loaf mixture with more in the middle, and then smoked on the WSCG with some cherry.

Lone Star Grillz Insulated Cabinet Smoker / Weber Summit Charcoal Grilling (WSCG) Station / CyberQ / Slow N Sear with Drip N Griddle

WSCG Review [URL="http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=245542"][COLOR=Blue][B]HERE[/B][/COLOR][/URL]. WSM Mods [URL="http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=201917"][COLOR=Blue][B]HERE[/B][/COLOR][/URL]. My Brisket Guide [URL="http://bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=238834"][COLOR=Blue][B]HERE[/B][/COLOR][/URL].
THoey1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 09:59 AM   #38
DerHusker
Babbling Farker

Default I Love Enchiladas Verde con Pollo

This is my entry into the "Foods You Love!" Throwdown.

Cook thread can be seen here: http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=269444

Thanks for looking.
Old 03-04-2019, 02:45 PM   #39
JJJBBQ
Take a breath!

Name/Nickname : J

Hope it’s not too late... Margarita pizza on the Uuni.
Uuni 3 Pizza Oven
22” Blackstone
Arteflame

Last edited by JJJBBQ; 03-21-2020 at 12:44 PM..
JJJBBQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 03:45 PM   #40
Moose
somebody shut me the fark up.

Name/Nickname : Richard

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJJBBQ View Post
Hope it’s not too late... Margarita pizza on the Uuni.

That's a fine looking pizza! Unfortunately, Throwdowns end at 10am CST on most Mondays, but don't let that deter you from entering in the future!

The "Brethren Inspired" Throwdown just started and lasts all month:

https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/s...d.php?t=269805
Moose is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
Food Love, Love Squirrels