• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Looking for feedback on Humphrey's Stainless Cook Chamber Option

emt1844

MemberGot rid of the matchlight.
Reaction score
Greetings Friends,

I'm looking at a Humphrey's Pint and trying to decide which options are worth getting. I've been doing a lot of reading and searching the forums, but haven't seen much on SS interiors.

Does anyone have positive or negative experience with the Stainless Steel Cook Chambers? I'm wondering if there are any potential downsides? Warping? More prone to scratches? Anything? Or is it merely goodness that costs a little extra?

Same question for the Stainless Steel Face Frame.

Last Question: How about the Stainless Steel Drop Down Counters? Does anyone have these and have feedback? Do you have one and like it, dislike it? Why?

Thanks in advance for the feedback!

Last edited:
Greetings Friends,
I'm looking at a Humphrey's Pint and trying to decide which options are worth getting. I've been doing a lot of reading and searching the forums, but haven't seen much on SS interiors.

Does anyone have positive or negative experience with the Stainless Steel Cook Chambers? I'm wondering if there are any potential downsides? Warping? More prone to scratches? Anything? Or is it merely goodness that costs a little extra!

My experience with Stainless is not with any of the Humphreys products but with an insulated Vertical Smoker I had fabricated in the mid 2000's. I am assuming Stainless then is the same as Stainless now. My vertical was completely Stainless outside and in. The interior was easy to keep clean the exterior was also but the outside did show handprints during handling. The interior didn't need any seasoning as most steel enclosures do and it cooked fairly well. Never experienced any warping on any of the interior or exterior surfaces and didn' have any shelving so I can't offer any thoughts on that. All in all it was a good experience but if I had to do it over I would now choose something in a heavier gauged steel. Something in the 10 gauge range would work nicely! I don't think Stainless will give you the same thermal holding capabilities of steel but it does work.

I have a DownEast Beast that should have just come in today at St. Louis BBQ. I ordered it with the stainless top and made a "last minute" change to add the stainless interior as well. As long as it got there today, I should be picking it up on Saturday afternoon and hopefully using it Saturday night or Sunday. I'm hoping for easier cleanup/maintenance.

I have a pint plus all stainless inside, face frame, doors, round bar racks and stainless drop down shelf. Only had it for a couple months done 3 Cooks in it. Initial impressions are it has no problem holding heat. I run it with a flameboss 300 and ran it for 20hrs straight on 14lbs of Kingsford professional and a handful of wood chunks at 250. It's true you don't have to season it with oil inside but you should burn it in for a few hours before cooking in it. I was told that I could pressure wash the cook chamber if I needed to but I would worry about the water getting into fire box an causing corrosion. I've cooked mostly in pans with racks so clean up has been minimal so far. The chamber has discolored to brown and black from the smoke but looks quite a bit cleaner than other cookers I've had. I figure the drop down shelf saves you from setting things on the top which is a painted surface. Over all very pleased with the stainless steel options and would order them again if I had to. The only complaint is about the probe ports. I can't fit the flameboss meat probe through port because it's curved might need to find a straight probe to use. Good luck with your new cooker it has a short learning curve and I've been putting out the best bbq I've ever smoked.

Awesome feedback. Thanks, guys. MasterTech, please let me know how you like your DEB with stainless. Congrats and good luck.

Stainless everything, always! I'm a stainless steel junkie though, so I might be a little biased....

I have a pint plus all stainless inside, face frame, doors, round bar racks and stainless drop down shelf. Only had it for a couple months done 3 Cooks in it. Initial impressions are it has no problem holding heat. I run it with a flameboss 300 and ran it for 20hrs straight on 14lbs of Kingsford professional and a handful of wood chunks at 250. It's true you don't have to season it with oil inside but you should burn it in for a few hours before cooking in it. I was told that I could pressure wash the cook chamber if I needed to but I would worry about the water getting into fire box an causing corrosion. I've cooked mostly in pans with racks so clean up has been minimal so far. The chamber has discolored to brown and black from the smoke but looks quite a bit cleaner than other cookers I've had. I figure the drop down shelf saves you from setting things on the top which is a painted surface. Over all very pleased with the stainless steel options and would order them again if I had to. The only complaint is about the probe ports. I can't fit the flameboss meat probe through port because it's curved might need to find a straight probe to use. Good luck with your new cooker it has a short learning curve and I've been putting out the best bbq I've ever smoked.

Glad to hear you're happy with your stainless. You are probably the biggest reason I made a last minute change to do the interior upgrade. It looked great and I was hoping for easier maintenance.

On the probe part. I was told the curved probes could be carefully straightened to fit through. I will be finding this out for myself soon too.

The only complaint is about the probe ports. I can't fit the flameboss meat probe through port because it's curved might need to find a straight probe to use. Good luck with your new cooker it has a short learning curve and I've been putting out the best bbq I've ever smoked.

Is the probe fixed to the flameboss? I have a guru and just feed the unplugged connector in from inside my Humphrey's to the outside and plug her back in.

Last edited:
Last Question: How about the Stainless Steel Drop Down Counters? Does anyone have these and have feedback? Do you have one and like it, dislike it? Why?

Thanks in advance for the feedback!

Stainless Steel Drop Down Counters are great. It is always nice to have counter space right next to the cooker. They are strong and easy to open and close.

Back