Doc6633

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Got a Humphreys Weeble yesterday and did my first cook today. Did chicken breast at 225 to 230 for about 3 hours, jalepno poppers same temp for 1.5 hours, two small tenderloins (one bacon wrapped and one without bacon) which took a little longer than I figured at about 3 to 4 hours (lost track of time) and tried a whole potatoe but didn't turn out. I have always either used kettle grills, cheap vertical smokers or cheap offsets to smoke and the difference was unbelievable. It is amazing how efficient of a burn you get with a quality smoker. The food was great especially for my first run. Unfortunately I only got one pick because I was a little late getting it off and the crew devoured it.

Thinking about getting the BBQ guru to simplify it a little so I can smoke more often as my wife has already asked me what is next.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 201
Great looking grub brother. I almost pulled the trigger on a Weeble myself not to long ago. Enjoy the new Weeble and keep on smoking brother:thumb:

Glad your first cook was a success. I would keep going without the guru and see if it's even necessary.

Question if I may. Is the Weeble easy to move around by just one person? I'm still considering getting a easily portable cabinet and the Weeble is on the short list. Thanks in advance.

PJ - I was thinking the same. I think this will hold temperature well so probably not needed but I wil see.

SGH - If you put it on casters it is easy to roll around on concrete. But getting through grass with casters is a pain in a**. If you are trying to lift it into something that is pretty tough because of shape and weight.

Thanks for posting your cook on the Weeble, it's one of the final 3 I'm looking at. I would second holding off on the Guru for at least a couple of long cooks, get to know your new Smoker. A Guru definitely will make it easier but you may find you don't need one. I was planning on getting one for the WSM but decided I didn't need it. I just monitor temps with a Mav 732, set my temp alarms and it's worked well for me.

Neat looking unit. If I had to move it cross a lawn, I think a nice hand truck with a long tongue would do the trick. Strap it down, rock it back and move out.

Back