MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 04-03-2013, 02:42 AM   #16
BigBellyBBQ
is One Chatty Farker

merlot / oinion / garlic / mushroom reduction on ANY steak..

Old 04-03-2013, 08:35 AM   #17
TIMMAY
is One Chatty Farker

I am a huge fan of chimmichuri, and don't forget that peppercorn sauce that some restaurants serve. I don't have a recipe maybe somebody else has one.
TIMMAY is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-03-2013, 01:07 PM   #18
rksylves
Full Fledged Farker

I'm also one of those minimalist types when it comes to steaks. Little salt, little fresh ground black pepper that was previously cold smoked. I used to goof around with a little garlic powder but gave up on it.

Lately I've been playing around with putting on a very small amount of prepared horseradish on the ribeyes in the last 3 or 4 minutes of grilling. Just to the point where the horseradish gets a thin crust on it. Mm... Think I might need to practice it again tonight...

Russ

Old 04-03-2013, 02:23 PM   #19
Wrench_H
is One Chatty Farker

I'm with you on tasting the steak, but I've found the recipes in Adam Perry Lang's Serious BBQ to be a great kick for those that want something extra. As with most of his recipes, they are a bit of a PITA, but always turn out really well. Mostly they are a marinade, and then a chili powder based rub. Once on the grill, constantly brush with a butter based basting liquid. I'm a huge fan of that whole book though.

CharGriller Smokin Pro, King Kooker Cast Propane Smoker, Smokey Joe Silver, Blue Mosaic Kamado, Traeger 075(Somehow I now have 2 of these), Weber Performer, BW Fatboy, Char Griller Akorn

Multiple Time [URL="http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/group.php?groupid=39"]Zero[/URL] Member

Try the [URL="http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=86"]Throwdowns[/URL] - MMMMM...tastes like liquid crystal
Wrench_H is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-03-2013, 02:39 PM   #20
luke duke
is One Chatty Farker

If your clan doesn't like a properly cooked salt and pepper steak, then they don't like steak.
luke duke is offline   Reply With Quote