What beef ribs do I want to buy?

jhwhite

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
When I shop for beef ribs I see several different kinds. If I want to buy beef ribs from do I want chuck ribs? Short ribs? Something else?

I think Costco sells beef ribs, what do I want to buy from there?

Back ribs

You want the ribs that are cut off a prime rib to make it boneless.

Back ribs here too. They sell them and the pricing isn't half bad considering everything's skyrocketing.

w9csFerh.jpg

Plenty of meat on them too

jcXocfUh.jpg

tqDAzxNh.jpg

You guys have the best Costco's.

We've got regular and business centers. I get my meats from the business center as their offerings are catered towards businesses (variety of cuts). They do sell cheaper too. For example these back ribs sell for $3.49 or $3.69/lb IIRC at a regular club but at business centers I get it for $2.99/lb.

I seen the 3 bone plate ribs at RD the other day...nearly $8/lbs and like four racks per pack. I think it would have been over $150 for a package. chuck ribs were half the price so I got those. honestly I feel in the minority but I'd prefer a properly cook brisket to beef ribs

I seen the 3 bone plate ribs at RD the other day...nearly $8/lbs and like four racks per pack. I think it would have been over $150 for a package. chuck ribs were half the price so I got those. honestly I feel in the minority but I'd prefer a properly cook brisket to beef ribs

Me too!

plate ribs are the only ones I buy and they are also called dino bones and at Sam's Club I have to ring the bell and ask the butcher for the uncut ones in the cyro vac .

plate ribs are the only ones I buy and they are also called dino bones and at Sam's Club I have to ring the bell and ask the butcher for the uncut ones in the cyro vac .

Are those the "Tomahawk" steaks I see at Sams? Basically a ribeye steak with a huge bone sticking out of them? If so, I've been grilling those like, well, a ribeye steak! If they're the same, I'll have to try smoking them.

Attachments

• Steak2.jpg
    Steak2.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 115
No, those are different. Sam’s typically has what BBQ Freak is referencing in the cooler cross cut or “flanken cut”, and you need to call or order ahead or get lucky to get a package of uncut ribs there.

Back