My meat thermometer no longer accurate

git r done on a uds

Reaction score
Cooked a butt for mothers day and thermometer was all over the place after 154 degrees. Finished it off with my thermo pin. It was just a cheap weber, but its been a good one for three yrs. To many to choose from these days. Got a Meater + on the way but wanting something with 3 or 4 probes. Possibly wifi also. Recommendations would be appreciated. Thanks

Thermoworks Signals! You can also add a fan to turn it into a temperature controller if you want.

I've found that wildly fluctuating readings are usually due to damaged probes, and that replacing them usually fixes my issue. Fireboard gets a lot of good reviews here and offers the probe count you're after. When it comes time to replace my Flameboss I'll probably go that direction.

A bad probe was my first thought as well.

I've found that wildly fluctuating readings are usually due to damaged probes, and that replacing them usually fixes my issue. Fireboard gets a lot of good reviews here and offers the probe count you're after. When it comes time to replace my Flameboss I'll probably go that direction.

Fireboard Drive for me, can also run a fan. Also have a Thermoworks Smoke but prefer the Fireboard.

I have an Inkbird. It does fine for me. Allows me to graph temps and let me know when to add another stick, pull from resting. Doesn’t always alert me (used to) on my phone but I just keep a close eye on temps when away from smoker

I have a flameboss 500 w/fan controller but they make just the thermometer with pretty much all the features sans fan controller. Decent price; Might be worth a look.

FlameBoss WiFi controller

I had a Flameboss a few years ago, and I think I had 2 successful cooks with it. They replaced a batch of probes, and it helped. And I think I had another probe failure.

I think the software and fan would have worked okay. But I just eventually gave up.

Been pretty happy with the Smoke and Billows combo from Thermoworks for the past couple of years.

I had a Flameboss a few years ago, and I think I had 2 successful cooks with it. They replaced a batch of probes, and it helped. And I think I had another probe failure.

I think the software and fan would have worked okay. But I just eventually gave up.

Been pretty happy with the Smoke and Billows combo from Thermoworks for the past couple of years.
I had a similar experience with flameBoss. The probes we're horrible. At $25 a probe I decided to cut my losses and got an Inkbird.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Actually I take that back. That was an off brand. I don't remember what it was.

I have the old FireBoard BBQ Extreme Edition with 2 ambient probes, and 4 temp probes. They all work perfect since i bought them back in 2017.

As I’m from Kansas City, I feel like I’m obliged to mention that Fireboard assembles their units in KCMO, USA and even manufactures their own PCB here. If that sort of thing matters to you then it does set them apart from many other options.

https://www.fireboard.com/blog/fireboard-brings-up-new-manufacturing-line/

And

https://www.fireboard.com/about/

They are also insanely helpful with customer service. I reached out to them a few times for problems I created, and had people helping instantly. I've sold a few when I've been in stores and end up raving over Fireboard, and several of my cigar buddies have bought in as well. Nobody has regretted it yet.

The app and logging is fantastic. It can be super simple, or you can make it work for your needs. I name each cook "3 butts, 250*" "2 chuck roasts at 300" it's real easy to go back later and look for 'okay, I want to do faux burnt ends, how much time do I need to allow?'

Previously I had issues with everything I had tried. It was either an app that was impossible, or probes that were inconsistent. I've abused the heck out of my fireboard probes, and not a single one as glitched out yet, and the app is very intuitive.

Time to update that signature. Get that Shirley on and the ranch kettle off lol

Back