Playing With Dough

I have the kettle pizza attachment with the SS top, I have been using it for several years now. It takes about an hour to get it to temperature, but I can get over over 800 with an infrared thermometer, you just have to keep feeding it lots of wood. I usually make dough balls in the range of 250-275 grams, shooting for 12" pies. Previous hydration recipes were around 62%, the 70% used in this video may be to challenging for me. I need to work more on forming the cornicione & learn to not try to overload the pie with to many ingredients.

I started my pizza hobby with the Kettle Pizza. It was a fun tool. Sounds like you know what you're doing. I go 260g for my 12" Neo pies, 62-64% H2O. And like you, I used to load up all my pies like a Midwest bar supreme. Still takes some self control to remember, "simple is often better", with Neapolitan.

I'm there with you guys. Usually I'm in the 61-62% hydrations rage with around 250g balls for 12". I've learned a long time ago too that a little goes a long way and not to oversauce, overload the pizza so it's easier to launch, the dough cooks, the crust doesn't get soggy and the ingredients don't end up everywhere else except your pie hole.

Sako, I'm such a looser... I use cauliflower crusts from Wally's Mart. I bought a "dough kit" from Big Poppas - haven't tried it yet cause I'm scared...

I accept whatever punishment or criticisms you see fit. :oops:

Sako, I'm such a looser... I use cauliflower crusts from Wally's Mart. I bought a "dough kit" from Big Poppas - haven't tried it yet cause I'm scared...

I accept whatever punishment or criticisms you see fit. :oops:

No punishment or criticism Kevin and no need to be scared. Nothing to it but to do it! :-D

I hate it when a failed launch leads to scrambled pizza. Your pies look delicious, we usually stick to the basic toppings.

Back