The setup - Room for More?

jkief

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
So...I just PCS'ed from Fort Bragg, NC to Riverview, FL and bought a house. Wife and I added a 12' by 42' patio (they call it a lanai down here) in the back and screened in 30' of it. The last 12' was left for my set-up. I have the PBC in the left corner followed by the kettle and weber gasser. The Kamado Joe is in the back left corner with the Char Broil infra red gasser with rotisserie and MAK in the back. The griddle and pizza oven is on the right hand side. I'm really pushing for a Humphrey's Battle Box in the future and need to figure a spot to put it. AT MY HOUSE, IN MY PATIO. NOT YOURS......As it is now, my 120 QT Cajun Rocket Pot has to stay in the garage because I ran out of room. Any suggestions or how do you guys have your areas set up? And yes, the hot tub is for me and the misses to simmer in!

Last edited:
Holy ****. You have a patient wife.

I'm not sure where you'd put another grill or smoker if you want it to be on that patio space. I guess my suggestion would be to put a Humphrey's where the PBC is and sell the PBC.

If you already have one in the garage and don't have room for it, then it would be difficult to justify another. I agree that parting with (the least used) one would probably be the answer.

My wife would never be okay with that many smokers. I have 4 and she thinks I am crazy. :boxing:

Your set up looks like fun!

Wife is truly amazing. Think the Weber gasser might go then. I'm a grill/smoker hoarder. Even if I don't use it much, I hate to sell anything. Everything else in the house, I could have a fire sale!! Thanks!

The dough is proofing now and the sauce just finished cooking. No Peeing in the tub!:thumb:

You really need to call BA. Bar-B-Ques Anonymous
You have a problem with acquisition. You appear to be a "Gadget Grabber".
List something you can justify each of those for, and can cook expertly.

I have a Brother-In-Law who had two Weber Kettles he used just for chicken.
Everything else went on his Genesis Gasser.
He gave away the kettles and now has the Genesis and a monster Treager. :doh:

An embarrassment of riches have you. Yer gonna need a bigger patio. One for the cookers, more still for the neighbors who are gonna be 'dropping by' around dinnertime.

Luckily we got into our neighborhood during the initial construction phase. So our back yard is conservation land. Across the street in the front is a huge empty lot that they are building a park on. Small community of only 75 homes. So they parties will be across the street!!:-D
The neighborhood management asked me to cater the community Halloween party! That’s one of the reasons I’m looking into getting the Humphreys Battle Box. Might start doing SMALL side cooks for others. Not ready to be a full fledge commercial caterer.

this is 'Murica!

There's always room for MOAR!!!!!11111

on a more serious note, THANK YOU for your service and sacrifice

Wife is truly amazing. Think the Weber gasser might go then. I'm a grill/smoker hoarder. Even if I don't use it much, I hate to sell anything. Everything else in the house, I could have a fire sale!! Thanks!

This is me with my grills/smokers. I have a bunch and don't use a lot of them very often but I hate selling anything. My fiancee does think I'm crazy and makes comments about it occasionally.

As much as it pains me, I have a the Weber gasser, Kamado and pit barrel up for sale. Probably gonna pull the Kamado off and keep it, though.

Back