Philly "Style" Cheesesteak Sammiches

ssv3

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
So the warehouse club near me started carrying Amoroso's rolls and their Kaiser rolls recently. I've been loving them and I could only get my hands on these rolls when a former co-worker used to bring me back some. I've been so paranoid of the club possibly stopping to carry them that I bought a few packs and put it in the fridge. So far so good though since they can't keep them on the shelves. At least around me. :thumb:

The magnificent rolls

rAu9UxRh.jpg

Ribeyes sliced thinly

RxCMsjPh.jpg

8eN6nAoh.jpg

Sautee'd some bell peppers and onions

S08gL7Rh.jpg

Ribeye in the Lodge CI seasoned with S&P

rdNx7Umh.jpg

:clap2:

CvOkaHRh.jpg

Provolone and Mozzarella. As authentic as it may be or so I heard, I'm not into Cheez Whiz.

1KKUbtuh.jpg

Extra peppers and onions please

bPqj5kJh.jpg

It doesn't get any better

eGQJnmZh.jpg

rkZ5ZBph.jpg

Thanks for looking!!

Possibly my favorite sandwich. Bread freezes and thaws pretty good. You could probably stash a few bags in the freezer and rotate them out Probably could freeze them then vacuum seal them, and keep them for a good long time.

Possibly my favorite sandwich. Bread freezes and thaws pretty good. You could probably stash a few bags in the freezer and rotate them out Probably could freeze them then vacuum seal them, and keep them for a good long time.

Thanks Josh!

Couldn't agree with you more. Frozen bread keeps a while. Hopefully though they keep carrying them and it look promising so far. :thumb:

Do you need my address so that you can overnight a dozen or so to me?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Sako
Sammiches look great the only thing I would add to them would be some sautéed mushrooms.

First time I've ever craved a philly this early in the morning. That looks outstanding, great job on those!

The original cheese was almost certainly provolone so you are good there. The sandwiches predate the “invention” of Wiz although it has become a big part of the tradition, especially on the fries on the side.

My one suggestion is to not skip the Franks Red Hot. It’s More important than the Wiz to the modern cheesesteak experience.

Those look AMAZING Sako!!! I don't do cheese whiz on a cheese steak sammich either so I decided to make my own cheese sauce with some melted sharp cheddar and pepperjack. SO FRIGGEN GOOD!!!

Killer-b steaks, Sako! Love them the same way. Totally jelly on the Amaroso’s rolls... miss them very much since moving to MN! Great score!

Back