The FNG

jkief

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Hey everyone. Long time listener, first time caller. Wanted to introduce myself to everyone here. I’m the flipping new guy here. The name is Jeff. Currently active duty Army stationed in Florida. Love to cook in general, but especially on the smoker, grill, and flat top. I think this is a good place for me considering I think I have an addiction. I have a cabinet from Ikea dedicated to rubs and sauces I buy and try. I have a pit barrel cooker, Weber kettle, Weber gasser, Char Broil gasser, Kamado Joe original, MAK 1 Star, Blue Rhino flat top griddle, and an Ooni pizza oven. Been bugging the wife for a cabinet smoker (Humphreys battlebox, LSG mini, or Assassin 17) but I’m on the losing end of that battle....for now. Last cook was this past weekend and it was a full packer. It was an unusually long brisket so fitting it in my Kamado was going to be a challenge and hanging in the PBC would have maybe hit the coals. So I ended up putting it in the MAK. First time I injected a brisket. It came out flavorful and juicy. Over cooked a hair as it was in the just starting to fall apart phase. The brisket itself was a special order from a farm to table butcher shop and trimming was done really well. Not much for me to do at all. I was impressed with the marbling and trimming. Because I used the pellet , didn’t have the smoke flavor I was looking for but I knew that before I put it on. Wife and kids loved it. My son took it for lunch for school 3 days in a row. This weekend is pizza on the ooni tomorrow and Ribs on the PBC Sunday with my boys baseball game sandwiched in between on Saturday. Thanks for all your posts, advice, and ideas!!!

9 cookers? Yep, you're one of us. Welcome brother! Sounds like you cooked a nice brisket.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

First of all, Thank you and your Family for your Service. Looks like you have a great method down with your cookers! Glad to have you aboard!

Welcome, Jeffry. Happy to have you onboard. You certainly have a nice arsenal of cookers and sounds like you are competent using any of them. Looking forward to some cook posts.

Welcome aboard! sound like your going to fit in here for sure

Thank you for your service, welcome to the family. Now where are some dang pictures of this cook? I need some of that brisket right now for my lunch.

Thanks all. Finished the last of the brisket last night with some gravy on French bread. Starting the dough and making the sauce for the pizzas in a bit. Will post pics of it as it goes!

Oh...Happy Birthday US Air Force!!!

Welcome to the forum from Victoria, Aust.
Nice friendly bunch here that are very sharing with information.
Enjoy your time here, I sure have

Welcome to the forum from sunny SE Arizona.

Welcome Jeff, Thank You for your service to our nation.

Welcome, come on in, take your shoes off and sit a spell.

Thank you for your service. Welcome to the forum!

Back