MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 09-19-2019, 11:14 AM   #16
Mikhail
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : Mik

Well that's just swell. NOW I want to go out and buy an offset. Thanks. Thanks a lot.

Edit: Ooooh... I can get one at Bass Pro Shops near me. Now all I need is a good divorce lawyer...

Last edited by Mikhail; 09-19-2019 at 11:28 AM..
Mikhail is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-19-2019, 12:12 PM   #17
harrybbq
Knows what a fatty is.

Name/Nickname : Haroldo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikhail View Post
Well that's just swell. NOW I want to go out and buy an offset. Thanks. Thanks a lot.

Edit: Ooooh... I can get one at Bass Pro Shops near me. Now all I need is a good divorce lawyer...
Yep, that's what I did. Went the Bass Pro route because they actually stock the 16 and 20" classic, so delivery took only 2 weeks instead of 2 to 3 months. If you want anything bigger, you'd have to wait for it to be built by Horizon.

It took me about a year to clear with the wife. My break was that we are hosting Thanksgiving this year, and we needed something to smoke the Turkey... :D

Thanks from:--->
Old 09-19-2019, 12:32 PM   #18
Mikhail
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : Mik

Great strategy! I will file away for future tactical skirmishes.

Old 09-19-2019, 01:57 PM   #19
sthamm
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by el luchador View Post
speak for yourself on that one :)

I tried stick burners twice - each time no improvement in flavor so I got rid of them.

Maybe Im just that good with a UDS
IMO = in my opinion.

No, you're not just that good with a UDS. You just have your own opinion.
sthamm is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-19-2019, 02:58 PM   #20
harrybbq
Knows what a fatty is.

Name/Nickname : Haroldo

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickd26 View Post
Great post and I concur... I have a Horizon, ...
What size is yours?

Old 09-19-2019, 03:22 PM   #21
lastmajordude
is Blowin Smoke!

Name/Nickname : Dude

I guess I’m lucky..... I read these knuckleheads, the great sage Cowgirl, and Arron Franklins youtube videos. and combining their knowledge I’ve never had a bad brisket experience. No I’m not claiming to be some kind of zen master...I’m not. I just have no fear of a brisket. Offset or drum, Hot n fast, slow and low, whatever it doesn’t seem to matter........wrap in Bp when it begins stall and pull when the flat gets “squishy” according to Franklin, pull and let it breath for 15 mins and wrap back up in towels in cooler till guest come.....works for me

Old 09-19-2019, 04:01 PM   #22
TxQGuy
Full Fledged Farker

Name/Nickname : Big C

Quote:
Originally Posted by fwdiii View Post
I have an offset and a 22"weber. When I smoke something on the Weber, the Mrs. complains that the meat is too smoky, but when it is done on the offset using 100% wood, she loves it....me too!!
Funny you should say that. I was thinking about this the other day when indirect grilling some ribs. When using the offset, I always try to get that super clean smoke since it's gonna be a 6+ hour cook. When indirect grilling, it's usually a much shorter session (1-3 hours), so I try and pack in as much smoke flavor as possible by breaking all the "clean smoke" rules. I try and churn out that thick white smoke by throwing on chips/chunks every 15 minutes or so and closing the lid.
#22 Jumbo Old Smokey Charcoal Grill - "Long Tall Sally"[/B]

Red Oak is still Oak :cool:
TxQGuy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-20-2019, 12:29 PM   #23
viking72
is one Smokin' Farker

Welcome to the stickside

Old 09-22-2019, 10:48 AM   #24
Capt
Full Fledged Farker

Name/Nickname : Cole

You hit the nail on the head when you said how much fun tending the fire and cooking on a stick burner is!!

FUN=LOVE=GOOD EATS

Old Country Pecos Stick Burner / Weber One Touch Platinum / Camp Chef Flat Top 600 / Caja China (Pig Box) / Weber Spirit Gasser / Weber Q 1200 Tailgator / Ooni Pro Pizza Slayer / Vision Kamado Pro
Capt is offline   Reply With Quote