Thermoworks signal with pit viper?

DRMSMKER

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I'm not sure I want to go this route but just looking for confirmation.
The thermoworks signal paired with their new billows looks like a pretty complete package for under $300. 4 probes, wifi, fan/pit temp control all from the phone.
I already have a pit viper fan. I know the signal and billows connect via usbC cable. The pit viper fan has a male end dc jack on the end. (not sure what size).

If I wanted to use the already owned pit viper fan with the signal, would I be able to just use the cable to connect the two.
s-l1600.jpg

https://www.ebay.com/itm/USB-3-1-Type-C-USB-C-to-DC-5-5-x-2-5mm-Power-Jack-Extension-Charge-Cable-/392144464882

After more research I may need this also
TX-1604X-1A_generic-01.jpg

https://www.thermoworks.com/TX-1604X-1A

Heres how it all connects:
IMG_2042-394x525.jpg

Last edited:
I have the Signals and Billows. You will definitely need the adapter. I have no idea where the viper will work though. When you plug the Billows in it puts the Signals in 'fan mode' which makes me think there is some communication between the two, and it is more than just power.

I doubt you would do damage to either, but I probably wouldn't bother myself. You're going to have $20+ in that setup, vs $60 for the Billows.

I will say the Signals/Billows combo works well in my LSG PeeWee insulated smoker.

I have the Signals and Billows. You will definitely need the adapter. I have no idea where the viper will work though. When you plug the Billows in it puts the Signals in 'fan mode' which makes me think there is some communication between the two, and it is more than just power.

I doubt you would do damage to either, but I probably wouldn't bother myself. You're going to have $20+ in that setup, vs $60 for the Billows.

I will say the Signals/Billows combo works well in my LSG PeeWee insulated smoker.

Thanks for the info. How do you like the app? How do you like using the signal alone for when you don't need the fan like if just using in the over or grill? Does the signal work without without being plugged in and if so, whats the battery life?
Thanks in advance

Battery life in Signals alone is good, but if using the Billows it needs to be plugged in. The Signals 4 probe thermometer is the main reason I went with Billows as an ATC rather than another brand. I wanted the quality of a Thermoworks when using it as an ATC or when just using the remote thermometer alone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back