• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Cutting Board Cleanup

I actually just read on the smoke ring that they were discontinued in October.

www.cutandtoss.com has several sizes but I have to look into their pricing a bit more.

I actually just read on the smoke ring that they were discontinued in October.

www.cutandtoss.com has several sizes but I have to look into their pricing a bit more.

Ohmigosh, Noooo! :sad: I love their cutting boards. I wonder why the were discontinued? During our busy summer vending season those are such a time saver. We also order the chlorine sanitizer test strips and the pan liners for half pans for our steam tables and chafing dishes. When we are vending fast and furious all day and then have to clean and pack up quick at the end of the day the cutting boards and pan liners come in so handy.

I sent an email to DayDots/EcoLab asking why the disposable cutting sheets were discontinued and they replied "they were low in sales." That was the full extent of their response.

I am going to buy a package of the smaller cutting sheets from Cut 'n Toss to see if they are of good quality before ordering a bunch of the larger ones.

We use the day-dot disposables for comps as well...I ordered 60 toward the end of summer using a 25% discount coupon that swamprb had...we got lucky and they were still selling them. I use them at home too...:p I hope we'll be able to find them before our season starts...we use 4 or 5 per comp.:cool:

That blows since they're right down the road and I would just pick them up. Luckily I have enough to get me through another season. Might have to get with some other locals and put a group order in to bring down the shipping of the others.

If i can't find decent shipping, I'll go with the flexible cutting boards. Use both sides and then discard.

The HD requires that a food serving establishment use 3 sinks for the cleaning or all materials including cutting boards. By law the wash sink must be large enough to submerge your largest utensil usually a cutting board. Now if it's over half way that's good. Then it must be rinsed in sink #2 and finally rinsed in sink #3 that has the bleach solution. You must use test strips to ensure the right mixture .

For cleaning counters they must be washed with a hot saopy water then risned then sprayed with a solution of bleach water - again tested for concentration. Anybody who takes a Serve Safe course will know all this as well as much more.

I have nothing to add, other than that is monumentally important information...

If i can't find decent shipping, I'll go with the flexible cutting boards. Use both sides and then discard.

Well if you are looking for the DayDots disposable cutting boards, stop. I just got off the phone with EcoLab (they bought out DayDots) customer service and they discontinued these.:mad: They said they didn't sell enough to warrant stocking them. They couldn't tell me where I could find the original manufacturer.:icon_frow

I only have about 40 left, so I am going to take great care in using them now.

On edit: I guess everyone already knew this. I just looked back a few posts. Damn, I'm still p.o.'d

On edit again: Looks like Cut & Toss has the same board, just a little more pricey.

Ordered three packs of 30 from smokey mountain smokers. They cost me $99 total which included shipping. That is just over $1 each.

Smoky Mountain

Smoky Mountain Smokers still has them, but they not longer print anything on the boards. :cry: The ruler was handy.

cutandtoss.com does print on them, and will also do custom printing. Looking at my old SMS printed board and the cutandtoss board, the printing is exactly the same down to the patent number, so it is likely that cutandtoss is the source for SMS, or they are both getting them from the same place. It's the same product.

For me the boards from SMS (even with shipping) are less expensive than cutandtoss.

Cleaning

I use food grade hydrogen peroxide(I think its at 35% concentration) diluted down with water and vinegar in 2 separate spray bottles. I spray with one then spray over it with the other. Then let air dry. I try to avoid bleach and from what I have read this is more powerful a disinfectant than even bleach and not toxic. I use it on sinks, counter tops. cutting board, anything I want to disinfect.

Back