First UDS cook w/Pron

Cigarbque

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Ok so this weekend was my maiden voyage with the UDS. I wanted to go easy so I could figure out the temps, air intake etc. I decided to go with just a few basics. In cooking order:

Saturday - BB's, Chicken (2), ABT's. Sunday - Butts (2), duck.

Ah there she is....
UDS026.jpg

BB's getting ready.
UDS024.jpg

Ready to foil.
UDS029.jpg

Tastes like chicken. Mango /Chipolte chicken.
UDS031.jpg

ABT's getting ready. Stuffed with dates stuffed with Manchango cheese topped with chream cheese and chorizo. Yea Ha!
UDS028.jpg

Chicken with the ABT's.
UDS032.jpg

Butts getting ready along with the duck.
UDS033.jpg

UDS034.jpg

Butts are cooling. Too many beers (notice the bottle opener on the UDS)and too late for more pictures tonight. Thanks for viewing.

Welcome to the Drumhead side of town!
Eats look excellent. Any problems with maintaining temps?
Good looking drum.

Weiser

Stuffed with dates, very cool.
Everything else looks great also. Nice drum

cant find anything wrong with that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Good lookin' eats right there! Nice drum & a nice job of getting it dirty.

Thanks Folks,

I did find that I get a ton of liquid in the bottom. Not sure if that is because my basket is small (16"), the fact that I spray with Apple Cider a bunch or that it's freezing cold outside the drum. It seemed like the fire was getting hindered by the moisture.

I was OK with the temps. I had to futz with it some but that is to be expected. I hung out around it a bunch cause I was new to it. Today the butts took longer than I planned but they came out just fine.

Always fun learning something new.

All that good looking food is making me hungry! It's too late to eat though. Well, maybe something light. I'll get the kettle going.

Looks great. Here's some advice on how to get used to your UDS. Burn the ships. Send that weird looking green ceramic thing to me so you won't be confused as to what to cook on when you're hungry. That table that the green ceramic thing is sitting on looks like it's in your way too. Go ahead and send it as well.

71-South,

Here's the tracking number for that green thing and the table.

Z19738YOUAREAFUNNYFARKER9211746

:mrgreen:

Back