MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 08-06-2018, 10:52 AM   #1
tenpenny_05
Full Fledged Farker

Default Happy Weber Discovery

I've been cooking on my jumbo joe almost exclusively this summer. I love that little thing. I have cranked out some of my best ribs, steak and chicken on it in the last few months.
Last night, I was out on my deck cleaning up and shuffling around my cookers, when I thought to myself about test fitting the cast iron grate from my weber q100/babyQ/g120 onto my jumbo joe. It fit almost perfectly! this is going to be a game changer in my steak cooking rotation!

Maybe not big news to you guys, and you need a bit of a weber collection to pull it off, but I am super excited about this one!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20180804_203528.jpg (40.0 KB, 200 views)

Thanks from: --->

Old 08-06-2018, 10:54 AM   #2
HogGrog
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : Greg

Very cool! Never considered that swap out.
Bar-B-Que ain’t air pollution…
HogGrog is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-06-2018, 11:15 AM   #3
food4thot
is Blowin Smoke!

Name/Nickname : Erik, E

Cool discovery!

Just looked up that grate as a replacement for my Jumbo Joe...costs more than I paid for the grill lol. Did they ever make them in plain cast iron or are they all porcelain enamel cast iron? How's your grate holding up?

Old 08-06-2018, 12:03 PM   #4
jimbotx
On the road to being a farker

Name/Nickname : Jim

Have that Q100 too - thanks for the tip.
jimbotx is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-06-2018, 01:59 PM   #5
tenpenny_05
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by food4thot View Post
Cool discovery!

Just looked up that grate as a replacement for my Jumbo Joe...costs more than I paid for the grill lol. Did they ever make them in plain cast iron or are they all porcelain enamel cast iron? How's your grate holding up?
I've had two that were 100% cast iron, I threw one away prematurely because i found a cheap replacement on craigslist awhile back. I have seen them porcelain enameled, but I think the older models like mine (pre lid thermometer) were are real cast iron.

Old 08-06-2018, 02:17 PM   #6
Jrogers84
is One Chatty Farker

I have an extra 1 piece sitting around from when I upgraded mine to the 2 piece....hmmmm
Jrogers84 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-06-2018, 02:44 PM   #7
BigThicket
Full Fledged Farker

Name/Nickname : Brad

Should work well.

So it goes - Vonnegut
BigThicket is offline   Reply With Quote