MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Catering, Food Handling and Awareness > Catering, Vending and Cooking For The Masses.

Notices

Catering, Vending and Cooking For The Masses. this forum is OnTopic. A resource to help with catering, vending and just cooking for large parties. Topics to include Getting Started, Ethics, Marketing, Catering resources, Formulas and recipes for cooking for large groups.

Old 10-17-2018, 09:30 AM   #1
tbaker30
Knows what a fatty is.

Default Hot Nuts experience!

There isn't really a good way to word this topic in this childish brain of mine but I will give it a go! I've recently ventured into the food vending business and we've had a pretty profitable start. I have been approached by a gentlemen who has ran a roasted/hot nuts food truck doing the candied pecans and sugared nuts type items. He is near retirement age and wanting to get out of the business. He said he has had quite a bit of success doing this, and to my knowledge there aren't really any other vendors in the area that I know of who do this. I'm just posting to see if any of you all on here have had experience doing this, and was it/is it a good venture for you.

Thanks in advance!
tbaker30 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-17-2018, 08:03 PM   #2
Grabnabber
Babbling Farker

I am not in the hot nuts business.

But, being in business I would suggest having a trusted accountant look over the books for the past 3 years or so before you make a decision. Good luck!!
Old 10-18-2018, 08:49 PM   #3
HBMTN
is Blowin Smoke!

Gonna get some popcorn and see how long it takes this thread to derail LOL
Old 10-19-2018, 07:09 AM   #4
tbaker30
Knows what a fatty is.

Agreed on the derailing! I had to hold in the laughter when someone was pitching this business my way. On a serious note I am going to go check out this guy's trailer and equipment sometime in the next week or two. I would like to get there sooner but currently working a 9-5 plus running a food vending operation at a fall attraction on Fri-Sat-Sun that requires about an additional 30ish hours a week of work. I will report back as I find some additional information.
tbaker30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 01:13 PM   #5
EdF
is One Chatty Farker

Good luck!

And their helpers.
EdF is offline   Reply With Quote