Sliced Pork results

kihrer

Full Fledged Farker
Well the New Years Eve get together was a success. I had planned to serve rib roast and was going to do a Butt for New Years day - pulled pork sandwiches while watching the Mummer's Parade with the wife's cousins. Somehow, one of the cousins got the jump on me and bought some store bought pulled pork and told me I didn't need to bring my pork (I don't think they have ever tasted real BBQ). That left me with a 10 pound pork butt.

For New Years Eve day, we had the family over to celebrate Christmas. I was concerned that I might not have enough prime rib for 16 people so I got to thinking that I would do the PB, too. I wanted to slice it so that it would match nicely with the rib roast so I queried the Brethren on a good pulling temp for slicing. The consensus was 185 and so that is what I did. It worked out very nicely. The pork was actually a bigger hit that the rib roast and went quickly.

Here is some pron from the event.

The pork butt rubbed and ready
picture.php

The rib roast neatly trimmed by my butcher

picture.php

The pork butt off the cooker at 185

picture.php

The pork butt sliced

picture.php

The platters with rib roast and pork butt ready to go to the table

picture.php

Everyone left full and happy.

yea, if i don't grill up some pork steaks then i do a butt to 185 or so and slice it. makes great sammies that i like.

Back