• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

October Special *** "National Pizza Month!"*** Throwdown (Entry & Discussion Thread) Lasts All Month!

Moose

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Our new October Special Throwdown category is...

"National Pizza Month"

o.jpg

CATEGORY DESCRIPTION - READ BEFORE ENTERING

1. Cook pizza, any style you like - thick or thin crust, NY Style, Detroit, Chicago, etc, it's all good!

2. MULTIPLE ENTRIES ARE ALLOWED and encouraged for this TD only!

You may submit entries that are cooked from Friday 10/5 through Monday 10/29/18.

Entry pictures must be submitted by 12 p.m. Central US Time on Monday 10/29/18.

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Click here to READ THE RULES for the BBQ Brethren Throwdowns...[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]

This thread is for all entries and general discussion of the category.

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]Best of luck and even better eats to all! [/FONT]

Last edited:
looks like were gonna have to knock the dust off the Blackstone

Tom, if you have to "knock" the dust off of your Blackstone, sounds like there's a LOT of dust on it! You sure it's dust?

:mrgreen:

My (first) entry, from a recent pizza night:

Semi-homemade sauce (store-bought plain sauce, which I seasoned with Penzey's pizza seasoning, and simmered to thicken for ~90 minutes pre-bake).

Homemade crust, made and baked the same day (not a cold-fermented dough).

My pie: topped w/ pepperoni, and half w/ mushroom and green olive. Topped w/ grated Parm.

Nben363.jpg

Wife and son's pie: pepperoni and mushroom. Topped w/ grated Parm. Please use this as my entry photo:

1qV1yMj.jpg

Wife said it was the best pizza she'd ever eaten, at home, at a restaurant, or delivered.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice looking pies!

Bklmt2000, which picture do you want as your entry photo? You can only choose one...

Oh DAG!! Subscribed! I don't have any way to cook a homemade pizza. however pizza is my favorite thing in the world so I'm looking forward to drooling over all the entries! Good luck contestants!

Nice looking pies!

Bklmt2000, which picture do you want as your entry photo? You can only choose one...

The second photo, please. Just like the Highlander: there can be only one. (Or I can't count. Either way). :mrgreen:

Wish I would have seen this before........just made pizza on Sunday. Guess this might be a reason to do it again before the time is up.

PiZZa

I made these pizzas yesterday without even knowing this TD was going on. Luckily, I took pix.
View attachment 164673
View attachment 164674
6 pies total. Toppings included mozz, goat cheese, Ricotta, parm, fresh basil, garlic, tomatoes, mushrooms, pepperoni, peppers & onions. :blah:
View attachment 164675
Pizza stone on a Weber Kettle
View attachment 164676
View attachment 164677
View attachment 164678
View attachment 164679
View attachment 164681
caprese salad style
View attachment 164682
View attachment 164683
View attachment 164684
...and finally, my entry

View attachment 164685
Please use this last pic as my entry

Thanks and good luck everyone. :clap2:

Last edited:
I can not see these images. is it just me?

My (first) entry, from a recent pizza night:

Semi-homemade sauce (store-bought plain sauce, which I seasoned with Penzey's pizza seasoning, and simmered to thicken for ~90 minutes pre-bake).

Homemade crust, made and baked the same day (not a cold-fermented dough).

My pie: topped w/ pepperoni, and half w/ mushroom and green olive. Topped w/ grated Parm.

Nben363.jpg

Wife and son's pie: pepperoni and mushroom. Topped w/ grated Parm. Please use this as my entry photo:

TLEgvmK.jpg

Wife said it was the best pizza she'd ever eaten, at home, at a restaurant, or delivered.

Last edited:
Pizza

Had no idea we had a Pizza throw down in the works.. Did not get but the one picture the other day.

My entry picture

Asian Pot Sticker Pizza

Homemade crust with a hoisin, soy, ginger. garlic for the base sauce. Cooked up some pot sticker meat and crumbled it on. Added some cheese and into the RT-700 until golden brown. Added the shredded napa cabbage and green onions with a drizzle of the sauce on top and heated back up for a few minutes. Man this did not suck at all!!

Attachments

• IMG_4006.jpg
    IMG_4006.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 276
Oh DAG!! Subscribed! I don't have any way to cook a homemade pizza. however pizza is my favorite thing in the world so I'm looking forward to drooling over all the entries! Good luck contestants!

@Twospot, Do you have a grill? Then you can make pizza!!
Just ask if you need some assistance. (in another thread)((or PM))

Back