JULY ***SPECIAL*** "July Burger Blowout" Throwdown (Entry & Discussion Thread) Lasts All Month!

Moose

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Our new July Special Throwdown Category is...

July Burger Blowout!

42394516585_0780d71f1e_b.jpg

This was DerHusker's entry in the 2018 "Burger Blowout" Throwdown.

CATEGORY DESCRIPTION - READ BEFORE ENTERING

1. Cook burgers how you like them!

2. MULTIPLE ENTRIES ARE ALLOWED and encouraged for this Throwdown only!

3. Standard Throwdown rules apply.

You may submit entries that are cooked from Friday 7/3 through
the entry submission deadline of 12 p.m. Central US Time on Monday 8/3/20.

Entry pictures must be submitted by 12 p.m. Central US Time on Monday 8/3.

Click here to READ THE RULES for the BBQ Brethren Throwdown...

Best of luck and even better eats to all!

Last edited:
Burger throwdown

Been a member for a little bit now, mainly reading and learning. First post, figured might as well be an entry for the Throwdown :mrgreen:

Please accept this picture as my first official entry for the July burger throwdown. Double with colby pepper jack on a brioche bun. Sorry about sideways picture...

qIerGvQ.jpg

Attachments

• 20200704_135359.jpg
    20200704_135359.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 339
Last edited:
Entry #2

Please use this pic as my 2nd entry into the Special July Burger Blowout Throwdown.

1/2 pound brisket burger with romaine lettuce, sharp cheddar, whole green chiles, roma tomatoes on a sesame seed bun with a side of fries.

Here is the cook thread: https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=283500

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 511
Last edited:
A 1/4lb 85/15 patty with grilled white onion and brown button mushrooms, topped with aged white cheddar. Spiced with Sucklebusters campfire steak seasoning. Built to my taste with apple smoked bacon, mustard, pickle and lettuce. Wife topped hers with fresh tomato from the garden.

I am in awe of some of these entries. Fricken' yum!

Attachments

• Flat Top Burgers 07.jpg
    Flat Top Burgers 07.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 403

Please accept this as my entry pic.

So this is my version of a burger that I use to get at a place called Burgh' ers in Zelienople, PA

It is my version of the Polish Hill burger.

Got caramelized onions, mayo, beef patty, American cheese, and a pierogie on top. The original version used cheddar but I had the American cheese on hand.
I seasoned the patty with Boar's Night Out with Double Garlic Butter. Pretty good stuff. So a slightly different version but I haven't had this burger in a long time. Last time I went to eat here I wasn't married and the kids weren't born yet. I was still dating my wife. So just decided to try and recreate my all time favorite burger.

Back