MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 02-14-2018, 03:58 PM   #211
JayQ
On the road to being a farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Built Rite View Post
Not sure how much more accountability I can take???
Should I give him the smoker for free?
I have taken accountability for behind behind even though we were in the hospital and planning funeral etc. Never denied that at all.
But you are also not getting the entire story so there is a lot left to speculate. When lawyers and law enforcement tend to agree with me it must not be as bad as you all are taking it!
Can you admit that you didn’t provide the blueprint you promised. It would be horrible if the product that he paid for isn’t what he thought he ordered.

Old 02-14-2018, 04:19 PM   #212
Rockinar
is One Chatty Farker

No point in asking Donnie any further questions. You're just going to go in circles. The guy who lost his $10K deposit needs to get an attorney. Donnie has no excuses. You cant take people's money and not deliver anything either way, blame funerals, banks, your employees, your victims, etc for everything. I'm not a sue happy person and never sued anyone in my life or even thought about. But if I was out $10K, I'd be down at the courthouse ASAP. I would not give him 30 days or even 3 days. Debating with these types of people on the internet will get you nowhere.
Rockinar is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 02-14-2018, 04:22 PM   #213
TopItOff
Knows what a fatty is.

Name/Nickname : Bobby

I contacted Bank Of America and they listened to the entire story about how it was impossible to get ahold of Mr Boston, that Mr Boston had missed deadlines time after time, the fact that Mr Boston made false statements about his company and his companies ability to deliver a product.

Mr Boston makes a food product, I guess, but I haven’t gotten what I put a deposit on. I feel bad that Mr Boston has had family issues but paying my rent and feeding my kids comes first. Just finish my builds that you say you already spent my money on and let’s part company. I don’t want to advertise your business or put my you on blast but you yourself are digging your own hole Mr Boston.

You have cost a bunch of people money and you don’t care because you seemly only care about how stuff impacts you. How about how it has impacted the people who have been taken advantage of?
TopItOff is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-14-2018, 04:53 PM   #214
Built Rite

Name/Nickname : Donnie

So I'm the only one here that sees if the deposit was removed from my account that I no longer have a deposit?
Realistically if I finish the jobs and deliver them and the bank DOES NOT RETURN THE MONEY TO MY ACCOUNT then how is that right? Come on I mean yes I'm behind. Guilty but not one person here knows me I've been called names, had posts saying I'm a thief, hillbilly,scam, etc. But not one person here would build anything for 10k and give it to him, me or anyone without the money in your hand.
I'm not trying to hurt anyone's business, family, etc. But imagine the impact that is has on me as well. I've got almost that much tied up in materials and labor. Yes his money was used but the money they took was another customers. Should I call them and tell them hey Mr Jones disputed a wire transfer said it was fraudulent I already used his money so they took yours now I can't do your job????
That's absurd!!!
When Mr Jones deposit is back in my account I WILL FINISH THE JOBS... NOT UNTIL!!!!
Built Rite is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-14-2018, 04:55 PM   #215
Built Rite

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayQ View Post
Can you admit that you didn’t provide the blueprint you promised. It would be horrible if the product that he paid for isn’t what he thought he ordered.
No I didn't send a blueprint. All that was is for the layout of equipment. It would have been sent before the inside work started

Old 02-14-2018, 04:57 PM   #216
Built Rite

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopItOff View Post
I contacted Bank Of America and they listened to the entire story about how it was impossible to get ahold of Mr Boston, that Mr Boston had missed deadlines time after time, the fact that Mr Boston made false statements about his company and his companies ability to deliver a product.

Mr Boston makes a food product, I guess, but I haven’t gotten what I put a deposit on. I feel bad that Mr Boston has had family issues but paying my rent and feeding my kids comes first. Just finish my builds that you say you already spent my money on and let’s part company. I don’t want to advertise your business or put my you on blast but you yourself are digging your own hole Mr Boston.

You have cost a bunch of people money and you don’t care because you seemly only care about how stuff impacts you. How about how it has impacted the people who have been taken advantage of?
Mr Jones in the same sense my family comes first that's why your build was delayed as I told you.
And also as of right now the call you made stating it was a fraudulent wire transfer took money, food, etc from my kids mouth. I know you don't have it, but neither do I. And I cannot finish the jobs until it is returned I truly am sorry

Old 02-14-2018, 05:03 PM   #217
pharp
Banned

Am I the only one reading this that thinks most recent situation just seems a little "off" on both sides?
pharp is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-14-2018, 05:10 PM   #218
TopItOff
Knows what a fatty is.

Name/Nickname : Bobby

Nothing is off on my side. I joined because a partner sent me this thread after we were looking into Mr Boston more closely. Mr Boston believes his local sheriff is a legal professional and thinks because a law enforcement officer has told him that he hasn’t done anything criminal yet he is absolved of any legal recourse. Mr. Boston has already used my money to purchase supplies for my builds, so how is my deposit frozen. How is telling my bank all the crap I have gone through with Mr Boston fraudulent? How is it that Mr Boston feels no guild or bears any responsibility for misleading me and countless others about his company and his companies ability to deliver a product in a timely manner? Why I am being questioned because I tried to protect my money and my other business endeavors?
TopItOff is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-14-2018, 05:10 PM   #219
PatAttack
somebody shut me the fark up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pharp View Post
Am I the only one reading this that thinks most recent situation just seems a little "off" on both sides?
Not really. Seems same old, same old...

22" WSM
22" Weber Gold
Weber Smoky Joe
Weber Gasser
Rec-Tec 590
PatAttack is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 02-14-2018, 05:10 PM   #220
Built Rite

Quote:
Originally Posted by pharp View Post
My side is not off. He paid a deposit, it was removed from my account I stopped work. Once it's returned I go back to working on it. It gets delivered after balance is paid. Plain and simple

Old 02-14-2018, 05:16 PM   #221
Built Rite

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopItOff View Post
Nothing is off on my side. I joined because a partner sent me this thread after we were looking into Mr Boston more closely. Mr Boston believes his local sheriff is a legal professional and thinks because a law enforcement officer has told him that he hasn’t done anything criminal yet he is absolved of any legal recourse. Mr. Boston has already used my money to purchase supplies for my builds, so how is my deposit frozen. How is telling my bank all the crap I have gone through with Mr Boston fraudulent? How is it that Mr Boston feels no guild or bears any responsibility for misleading me and countless others about his company and his companies ability to deliver a product in a timely manner? Why I am being questioned because I tried to protect my money and my other business endeavors?
I have never once said I feel no responsibility for being behind. I'm pretty sure I've covered that about 100 times. I just don't understand how you feel I should continue work when the amount of your wire transfer that you admit calling your bank and saying it was a fraudulent wire transfer has been removed from my account . You would tell me to go to hell in a minute if the situation was reversed.

Old 02-14-2018, 05:30 PM   #222
AUPatrick
Is lookin for wood to cook with.

Name/Nickname : AUPatrick

Mr. Boston,

Do you continue to tell your customers that you can complete their build in 2-4 weeks? What is your current build time on new deposits? You told Brian that similar build time and had your employees quit so you got behind and apparently you were still behind in October when you took this guys $10k. I think that the anger here is not that you were behind but that you made a delivery promise, that based on the history with Brian's case, you knew, or should have known, that you couldn't meet.

My only advice is to tell your customers your build time is 9-12 months (or whatever the case may be) and you will not have these problems in the future.

Good luck to everyone. I hope this gets worked out
AUPatrick is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-14-2018, 05:33 PM   #223
Built Rite

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUPatrick View Post
Mr. Boston,

Do you continue to tell your customers that you can complete their build in 2-4 weeks? What is your current build time on new deposits? You told Brian that similar build time and had your employees quit so you got behind and apparently you were still behind in October when you took this guys $10k. I think that the anger here is not that you were behind but that you made a delivery promise, that based on the history with Brian's case, you knew, or should have known, that you couldn't meet.

My only advice is to tell your customers your build time is 9-12 months (or whatever the case may be) and you will not have these problems in the future.

Good luck to everyone. I hope this gets worked out
No I'm not telling them that. But also have not been advertising trying to get more builds

Old 02-14-2018, 05:36 PM   #224
JayQ

Quote:
So I'm the only one here that sees if the deposit was removed from my account that I no longer have a deposit?
Realistically if I finish the jobs and deliver them and the bank DOES NOT RETURN THE MONEY TO MY ACCOUNT then how is that right? Come on I mean yes I'm behind. Guilty but not one person here knows me I've been called names, had posts saying I'm a thief, hillbilly,scam, etc. But not one person here would build anything for 10k and give it to him, me or anyone without the money in your hand.
I'm not trying to hurt anyone's business, family, etc. But imagine the impact that is has on me as well. I've got almost that much tied up in materials and labor. Yes his money was used but the money they took was another customers. Should I call them and tell them hey Mr Jones disputed a wire transfer said it was fraudulent I already used his money so they took yours now I can't do your job????
That's absurd!!!
When Mr Jones deposit is back in my account I WILL FINISH THE JOBS... NOT UNTIL!!!!
Do you think the money could be released if the build was finished and delivered. Maybe if the coustumer was satisfied he could essentially drop the charge of fraudulent wire charge and you could have your money?

Old 02-14-2018, 05:38 PM   #225
JayQ

Quote:
My side is not off. He paid a deposit, it was removed from my account I stopped work. Once it's returned I go back to working on it. It gets delivered after balance is paid. Plain and simple
Bruh.... really? Do you really believe yourself?

Tags
built right, built rite, built rite cookers, built rite smokers, builtrite, Donnie Boston, ripoff artist